High fence question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence question

Back story- First off, I don’t care about the ethics of high fences. I recently purchased a plot of land. I found out I had a convicted felon living next to me who the game warden referred to as a “dirt bag family”. Said dirt bag was caught on my camera squirrel hunting my land. He will be picked up in the next couple of days and out of my hair for awhile but that leaves the family.

How tall of a fence do I need to keep most of the deer from crossing it? Will a 6 ft fence work or do I really need to buy the longer t-posts and build the 8 ft fence? A barb wire fence is in place but that obviously didn’t mean anything.

My plan was to go 6ft and use the existing trees and t-posts. The plan is to prevent most of the deer traffic and all of their traffic.

Thoughts?

Edit- these deer have never seen a high fence and would be able to go around it. I would be high fencing 2 sides of his place and barely half of one side of mine.
    Last edited by bm22; 06-03-2019, 08:26 PM.

Don't nail your fence to trees. When they sway in the wind they will ruin the fence. They also give to the tension when u pull the fence tight and the fence will be lose in no time. I think the min for white tail is 8 ft .

Comment

6ft field fence will be a better deterrent to wildlife than 4ft of barb wire until your neighbor starts cutting holes in it and hogs tear it up. I personally wouldn’t waste my time, money and effort. Sad to say, but best option mite selling the place and moving on.

Comment

I have seen them come close to jumping an eight foot fence, I think that six would not be a problem for them to jump.

Comment

If they are that big of dirt bags, you'll probably need a Trump wall to keep them out. The neighbors will just end up cutting holes in anything else.

Comment

Fence would be a waste of money. Dirt Bag will just cut it or go around

Comment

I'd pay above market value if needed to buy dirtbag's tract.

Comment

Forget high fence

This is what you need to dissuade the dirt

Now With Free Shipping! The Gallagher B1600 powers up to 40 miles of multi-wire permanent fence, runs off a deep-cycle marine battery

Make em look like Don King when they get into this bad boy

They make more powerful ones too

And it would be a whole lot cheaper than building a high fence which they will cut anyway
                Try and cut a live electric fence and you will be hurting

Comment

Unfortunately it probably wont solve your issue but will cost you a lot of time and money

Comment

Forget the HF! Give him some electrical current!!!!

Comment

a 6 foot fence will stop 99% of any deer from jumping over it. I have seen a doe roll/clear an eight foot fence, but I have a 6 foot fence around my garden...I live inside a high fence tract. Never had a deer jump my garden fence.

I would fence it even if the low life cuts holes in it, you can find where he is entering your property then and take "corrective" action.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        Forget the HF! Give him some electrical current!!!!
                        ^^^^^ yes ^^^^

Comment

The fence is the best barrier for separation, 8 ft and do not use existing trees or posts. Bring in the dozer and do it right the first time and accurately define border. You'll have to regularly drive your perimeter to help dissuade said scumbag. Then a few well positioned TCs might also be used.

Comment

Sorry. I don't think a good fence will make a good neighbor. A lot of us have seen this before. If the dirt bags were raised hunting your property and they want to keep on hunting it, they will.

Comment

Sell land in east Texas and buy somewhere else

Comment

Working...
                              X