No announcement yet.

2019 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook'em Horns. I live in Oregon a few miles away from the Defending National Champions
    These guys on the west coast know how to play some baseball (not got at football). This Beaver team is going to be hard to beat again they got pitching and the best Catcher in the nation that can rake and a good supporting team (bats) around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doublea17 View Post
      Hook'em Horns. I live in Oregon a few miles away from the Defending National Champions
      These guys on the west coast know how to play some baseball (not got at football). This Beaver team is going to be hard to beat again they got pitching and the best Catcher in the nation that can rake and a good supporting team (bats) around him.
      He's likely the best player in the country. Oklahoma State is headed up there in early May for a 3 game series.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingjunkie View Post
        He's likely the best player in the country. Oklahoma State is headed up there in early May for a 3 game series.
        That will be a good series, I will be at it. Hopefully it will be decent weather by that time.

Comment

Oughta be a fun year for Big 12 baseball. (5 teams in preseason top 25?) I'm hoping my Pokes get off to a better start than they did last year. Pitching staff is much healthier so that should help.

Man, I guess I really am old - there is much talk in Stillwater about this being the last season in the old stadium before moving to the new one. That "old stadium" opened in 1981 - two years after I graduated

Comment

I was curious if the new stadium at OSU was going to be ready for this year or next.

Should be a fun year sending the old stadium out. I remember watching Texas and OSU pay 12-13 scoreless innings in Stillwater a few years ago. That is not a great game to watch when both teams were swinging yours companies bats.

Comment

UT will probably sweep the Cajuns this weekend. They won't be very good this year . They have no pitching and I doubt the hitting has improved much from last year. I have a feeling it will be a rough year for the cajuns.

LSU on the other hand has the deepest pitching staff i may have ever seen on paper. If reports from scrimmages and camp are true this team should be in Omaha and have a great shot at a NC.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                UT will probably sweep the Cajuns this weekend. They won't be very good this year . They have no pitching and I doubt the hitting has improved much from last year. I have a feeling it will be a rough year for the cajuns.

LSU on the other hand has the deepest pitching staff i may have ever seen on paper. If reports from scrimmages and camp are true this team should be in Omaha and have a great shot at a NC.

J,

Although the Cajuns lost 5 pitchers from last years team, they are loaded with left handers that have great potential; especially for the FRI and SAT rotation. It's gonna come down to executing when called on. Senior and #1 ace Gunner Leger returns after missing the 2018 season due to Tommy John surgery. Leger was Sun Belt Freshman of the Year and a Louisville Slugger and Perfect Game Freshman All-American in 2015. In 2016 Leger was 7-3 with a 2.26 ERA over 91.2 innings. In 2017 Leger was 10-2 and a semi-finalist for the prestigious Golden Spikes Award with a 1.97 ERA. Leger will get the opening day start yet will be on a 75 pitch count.

TCU transfer Dalton Horton is the #2 guy that has also logged innings at a high level. The lefty was a Freshman All-American, and his Soph year was cut short due to an injury. Horton is fully healthy now and will be a formidable second starter if he has regained the form of his freshman season.

The 3rd, 4th, and 5th pitchers are young and unproven. Offensively, the Cajuns are loaded with speed and will play small ball to execute RISP and force the defense to make plays.

One thing is for certain, Texas players and coaches will eat like kings this weekend. The Cajun Cooking Club feeds both teams after each game with a full menu of steak, grilled tuna, fresh sausage, chicken, pork chops, etc...

Tigue Moore Field/Russo Park was remodeled in 2017 as the new stadium seats 6,000. I expect full capacity crowds of crazy, boudin eating, beer drinking Cajun fans who the visitors will not be able to comprehend when conversing with Boudreaux and Thibodeaux.

I'm sure TBH'er Chase Lambin, who played for both schools wishes he were in attendance cheering for the home team

Comment

Aggies vs Fordham
                  6:30pm
                  SEC+
                  Espn3

Comment

Looking forward to something being on TV worth watching.

Comment

U and me both

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        Looking forward to something being on TV worth watching.

Yup...I hate the lull that is basketball...

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Reb View Post
                          Every year I say that I am going to buy a plane ticket to Omaha for the CWS. It has been a wise decision for my Rebels as of late. I might just do it this year...
                          You'll have a ball at the CWS whether the Rebs are there or not. Great atmosphere! 12 hour road trip from FW/D.

Frogs lost their opener, 2-0 to Cal State Fullerton.

Comment

Comment

Ags have 3 lefties in the starting rotation to start the year.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X