Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Sure there are not any Sand Bass around here.. Now Largemouth bass yes

Comment

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
      Not to get too far off topic but anyone know a place around San Angelo to get into sand bass? Always hunted here but I just moved here and need something to do in the off season. Don't need your honey hole just a lead on a body of water

Bke... the locals there call em white bass. So if you are gonna ask around, you might confuse them asking about sand bass.. I had to do the opposite when I moved to North Texas.
      Last edited by Smart; 01-15-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Ivie use to have pretty schools of whites but that was before the water got so low the last 10yrs, I would assume they are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          275 ga...and it lasts me about a month on a rainless hot summer month....but we do have a high deer pop.

Forgot to add.. This year was a totally different animal with all the rain. My 2 totes per pen lasted from late July to mid November. Weird as heck

Two years ago some of us doubled our tanks per pen. Well worth the extra investment and time per fill... I like a little larger trough as I like to promote more animals using it at one time. Turkey love sitting on the side and drinking from it and most deer that come in go straight to it. My buck I killed two seasons ago spent 2-3 minutes at it before I shot him. Passthrough would have meant a hole in the tote so I had to wait..

[ATTACH]940987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]940988[/ATTACH]

If you can find a blue plastic barrel and a lid band, they make for a very nice cheap trough.

[ATTACH]940989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]940990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]940991[/ATTACH]

I know it’s probably been asked a million times, but where are y’all getting the cages for the cotton seed. Looks to be the ones that the totes come caged in. Is that all they are?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            I know it’s probably been asked a million times, but where are y’all getting the cages for the cotton seed. Looks to be the ones that the totes come caged in. Is that all they are?

Yes....just strip them down..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	24567564

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
              Not to get too far off topic but anyone know a place around San Angelo to get into sand bass? Always hunted here but I just moved here and need something to do in the off season. Don't need your honey hole just a lead on a body of water
              Oak creek

Comment

[ATTACH]942219[/ATTACH]

It’s time to start thinning the herd

[ATTACH]942220[/ATTACH]

The Lamco is a popular stopping point for the locals.

[ATTACH]942221[/ATTACH]

This old boy may have a target on his side next year. I named him Pappy
                Last edited by Humper; 01-16-2019, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Ivie is full of white bass. They are schooling up now in deep water.

Comment

Have a couple young bucks that already dropped antlers. Be careful if shooting late does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If y’all have kids shooting crossbows most of the bolts and broadheads at Walmart are 1/2 off.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        If y’all have kids shooting crossbows most of the bolts and broadheads at Walmart are 1/2 off.

Thanks ill go check them out, always need extra for the kids to fling at hogs.

Comment

Smarts compadres

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            Smarts compadres

Yeeeeess!! Its about time to start leaning that way..

Comment

Made a trip to the lease south of Christoval last weekend and range conditions still looked really well. All the normally dry creeks were still running and or holding lots of water.
                              Deer seemed to be more concentrated around feed areas but still looked to be in real good shape. Videoed and glassed multiple bucks that had already dropped one or both sides of their horns.

Fingers crossed for a few spring rains.

Rwc

Comment

Our feeders are very slow still right now. Range conditions still great I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X