Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been following the workouts on fitness buddy app. Keeps me going and on track.

Comment

Complete lifestyle change started 3 months ago. Bad blood work. High cholesterol and triglycerides as well as some other numbers that could have been alcohol related. Doc put me on meds but I went hardcore. Started taking fish oil, lysine and daily vitamins. Low fat diet and cut back the Dr Pepper to one 12 oz DP 10 per day. Lots of walking with the wife and monitoring with a Fitbit. In 3o days the blood work came back excellent. Today I am 30 lbs lighter at 205.

Picked up the pace and started running again at the track. Started running one lap then walking one lap. First week 6 laps. Second week 8 laps.

Now I am running 2 and walking 1.....8 laps total. Some days I run a lap, do 10 pushups, walk a lap, do ten pushups. 8 laps and 80 pushups.

Hoping to hit the weights again soon as well. I feel 100 times better.

When the weight came off I hit the track

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Complete lifestyle change started 3 months ago. Bad blood work. High cholesterol and triglycerides as well as some other numbers that could have been alcohol related. Doc put me on meds but I went hardcore. Started taking fish oil, lysine and daily vitamins. Low fat diet and cut back the Dr Pepper to one 12 oz DP 10 per day. Lots of walking with the wife and monitoring with a Fitbit. In 3o days the blood work came back excellent. Today I am 30 lbs lighter at 205.

Picked up the pace and started running again at the track. Started running one lap then walking one lap. First week 6 laps. Second week 8 laps.

Now I am running 2 and walking 1.....8 laps total. Some days I run a lap, do 10 pushups, walk a lap, do ten pushups. 8 laps and 80 pushups.

Hoping to hit the weights again soon as well. I feel 100 times better.

When the weight came off I hit the track
        Nicely done! I've got some of the same issues. High cholesterol/triglycerides and am currently on crestor. The lifestyle change is the hardest part of any fitness program no doubt.

I'm trying to lay off the carbs/starches/sugars as much as possible and eat more colorful veggies, but it's tough. I'm a meat and taters guy!

Comment

My suggestion......dont buy into the fad diets and carbs and stuff. I lost 30 lbs going 20 or less fat grams oer day. I did it 5 years ago as well. Chicken, turkey, fish and vegetables. Potatoes and bread are fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My suggestion......dont buy into the fad diets and carbs and stuff. I lost 30 lbs going 20 or less fat grams oer day. I did it 5 years ago as well. Chicken, turkey, fish and vegetables. Potatoes and bread are fine.

I know several people that did the low fat diet and everyone of them lost in the neighborhood of 30lbs. All of them end up have gallbladder problems and had them removed. They also all fell off of the diet and gained their weight back. I hope you have better longterm results on it than they did.

Comment

I'm not into the fab diets. I've reduced my lipids once down to acceptable or even good levels by eating lots of vegetables and staying away from the high car/high fat stuff.

It's a mental mind set that I can't always seem to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                I know several people that did the low fat diet and everyone of them lost in the neighborhood of 30lbs. All of them end up have gallbladder problems and had them removed. They also all fell off of the diet and gained their weight back. I hope you have better longterm results on it than they did.
                They may have went too low fat. Lol.

A high fat diet can cause much more severe problems than that. Heart and liver come to mind.

I'm no doctor though. Hopefully we all find what works best for us. As with anything you have to stick to it or the weight comes back.

Comment

They may have went too low fat. Lol.

A high fat diet can cause much more severe problems than that. Heart and liver come to mind.

I'm no doctor though. Hopefully we all find what works best for us. As with anything you have to stick to it or the weight comes back.

Yes sir, I just eat natural food in normal portions and it works for me and has for a long time. That processed stuff is just crap. The folks I know were doing 15 grams of fat or less everyday so maybe they did take it too far.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Day 3 in the books. I think these back country training programs are just leg deg, everyday haha. Subscribed to this thread to keep me motivated.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Yes sir, I just eat natural food in normal portions and it works for me and has for a long time. That processed stuff is just crap. The folks I know were doing 15 grams of fat or less everyday so maybe they did take it too far.
                        Had a nurse friend tell me the same thing about keto. She said they had a rise in gallbladder surgeries and most of her patients told her the problems started when they started the keto diet.
                        I like the clean balanced diet approach.

Comment

I don't have a gall bladder any more so I guess I'm good to go then for keto!

Comment

Upper chest and back today. Got warmed up good and then tore it up. Good heavy superset day 5X8

Incline bench on smith/t-bar rows
                            Inverse grip bench/inverse grip low row
                            Narrow grip body weight pullups/pec deck

I missed yesterday so I'll hit it tomorrow. Arms and legs

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                              Had a nurse friend tell me the same thing about keto. She said they had a rise in gallbladder surgeries and most of her patients told her the problems started when they started the keto diet.
                              I like the clean balanced diet approach.

I've heard lots of theories of the keto being terribly unhealthy.

This thread is making me want to get the weight training going. [emoji869][emoji88][emoji869]

Comment

Shoulders with hiit intervals. Yesterday was shoulder day but I couldn't get around in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X