No announcement yet.

Time to quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it, you can do it. Been 19 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sunflower seeds helped me alot when I quite chewing tobacco. Prayers for your strength

Comment

Good luck. You have to want to quit. I quit 1-1-18. No patch, I did use the fake snuff for a while.

Comment

I was addicted for 30 years. Tried to quit more times than I can count. Quit cold turkey when my dad died in 2000. You can do it!

Comment

I still love Levi Garrett tobacco after a bunch of years of one pouch a day. You can do it I gave up sex when I got married but not by choice.

Comment

Lots of us have done it. Takes a while to stop craving and thinking about it, but eventually it fades away completely. Be strong, focus on your strength, you can overcome anything.

Comment

I quit when skoal had there recall. Walked into the store to buy some and they informed they had a recall. She ask what other brand would I like. I replied no thanks I think it's time to quit then. Haven't had any since.
                Stick with it. It's a little rough in the beginning but it gets better. Best decision I ever made.

Comment

You can do it. I quit about 20yrs ago, it’s been the best thing. I was dipping 2-3cans a day. I remember it was so bad for me I had to have a dip of Copenhagen in my lip to go to sleep. Then one day my wife (G/F at the time) she wouldn’t marry someone she may have to bury. I laid it down & never went back. Did I want it. Sure I did, it was a struggle but I made it. You can do it!!!

Comment

At least three times every day take a moment and ask yourself what is really important. Have the wisdom and the courage to build your life around your answer.” -Lee Jampolsky

Comment

It will be 3 years mother's day that I quit the 36 year habit cold turkey. Sunflower seeds and gum helped. First month was hard and even had hallucinations coming off of it. I still miss it sometimes and reach for that can that isn't there. Reading this thread my lip and lower front teeth seemed to ache for a dip. lol. If you have made your mind up you want to quit you can do it. Good luck.

Comment

I gave up smoking when I moved to the US, prices for tobacco products here are crazy lol. I switched to v-mod at the same time so that I successfully substituted my emotional addiction. The only thing I can’t quit yet is caffeine.

Comment

I quit on 7-2-2014. I joined a online group called Kill the Can. It was an accountability group where all the members were laser beam focused on quitting and you had to check in everyday and promise to quit. I found being held accountable to a bunch of strangers going through the same thing made me not want to let them down. The fake stuff helped a lot and then seeds and gum. You can do this but you have to get through the first 100 days. If you can make it 100 days, it’s all a mental thing from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on taking the first step, you can do it if you want to bad enough. Like someone else said, if you are going to use patches, I'm not sure you want it bad enough yet, but only you know that.

I was reading a thread on here about 15 years ago about quitting, and decided to quit....again, since I had tried before. That was one week before we had a 10 day trip to the lease planned. When I made it past that hunting trip w/o dipping I knew I had it licked. In a way, I think that trip helped. Everyone else dipping and I was determined to show them I could do it. It was not easy, and took many months before I quit thinking about it. To this day if someone opens a can close to me it still smells good. But there is no way I will ever put that crap in my mouth again. The only thing nastier than dipping is smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Good luck.

If I ever decide to quit I've decided I'm going to get a can and eat every bit of it. If I still have the urge to dip again I'll eat another can and so on and so on.
                              I like this approach. It's the only way I would even attempt to quit.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy spends $30 PER DAY on snuff.....

I am begging him to quit, but he says he cant.....

PER DAY !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X