No announcement yet.

Well Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every wonder why your property taxes continue to skyrocket? Certain industries found out they can shift some of their payroll burden to the taxpayers.

Why bother with paying health insurance or workman's comp when you can send them to the emergency room. Send the bill to the taxpayers. Why bother with payroll taxes. When your employees get old let the taxpayers take care of them. Pay them in cash. Let the taxpayer feed their families with a Lone Star card. Need to educate their children? Let the taxpayers foot the bill.

But if you have to pay a decent wage prices will increase! Yes they will. But take away this burden and taxes should decrease. You rob Peter you pay Paul. But in this case somebody puts the money in their pocket and robs the taxpayer.

I'm tired of hearing Americans won't do this type of work. Make the pay high enough and I bet somebody will. If you have a business that requires you to hire illegal aliens to make ends meet. You do have a viable business.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Saw a gaggle of them loading melons today...heat index well over 100.

Couldn't pay me to do the job.
      If you were starving and needed a roof over your head, you would do it like everyone else would. The problem is our govt takes our money and gives it to a bunch of lazy undeserving people so they dont have enough incentive to go out and earn their own money to eat and put a roof over their head. What is worse is the number of people who take the govt money and then work jobs for cash that never show up to be taxed or kick the off the govt. dole.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        If you were starving and needed a roof over your head, you would do it like everyone else would. The problem is our govt takes our money and gives it to a bunch of lazy undeserving people so they dont have enough incentive to go out and earn their own money to eat and put a roof over their head. What is worse is the number of people who take the govt money and then work jobs for cash that never show up to be taxed or kick the off the govt. dole.
        Perfect, let's get rid of all entitlements so all the dependents get hungry enough to pick melons / work the fields, deport all illegals and close the border...I'm not sure what the argument is about now??

What's the first step to make this happen??

Yes, I get it...just not reality with the current elected officials in power. We are so forked.

Comment

It's not all agriculture jobs. Goldthwaite voted in a bond to build a new high school. Being semi retired I drive by there once are twice a day to watch big equipment working. I think over 2/3rds of the employees are Hispanic. No clue if they are here legal are not. They do run lots of the big equipment. Not many white guys around. No big deal to me.

Comment

Need to cut out welfare and there would be plenty of workers or more thieves

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              If all we were dealing with migrant workers, we could have an immigration policy to accommodate that, but what we have now is hundreds of thousands of immigrants that are almost all OTM's rushing our border with no intent on working in the fields... They are intent on our gubment (ultimately me n you) providing them with shelter, food, free school for their kids, free medical care and the list goes on and on... THAT's what I have a real problem with.

And I think Trump was wise to force Mexico to address it if for no other reason than Mexico's own people and their well-being...
              Yep
              If illegals did not cost us billions a year out of working Americans pockets I would not have a problem with them. Truth is they want free money , free housing and free healthcare

Comment

I like the tone of this thread. Seems it is quite a bit different tone than threads like this a few years ago. Bringing light to the illegal problem might be Trump's biggest accomplishment. Hopefully it is not too late...

Comment

In other words.

"This is as close as we can get to slave labor, please don't take it away from us."

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    In other words.

"This is as close as we can get to slave labor, please don't take it away from us."
                    Had not thought about it like that. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      I would pay to watch you load melons all day for min wage from the cab of your AC truck while drinking your beer...
                      Hahaha,that fact that we have computers to discuss this in our weekends off, means we ain't loading a dang thing for cheap pay haha.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Need to cut out welfare and there would be plenty of workers or more thieves
                        Your politicians have already told you many times that farmers and ranchers could not survive without welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                          In other words.

Maybe, but it's their choice to come here and work. Which means we still pay them better than where they're from even as illegals.

Should we crack down on the other illegal activities or ways people make money that don't pay enough?

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          Your politicians have already told you many times that farmers and ranchers could not survive without welfare.
                          LOL Drama!

Some subsidies (welfare) is needed to stabilize prices. Are we WAY overboard on them? IMO sure we are. I'm for getting rid of them and starting over. But IMO a few really are needed.

Comment

Wow! Good thing there were no politicians around when my anglo ancestors first arrived here in 1536. They would have starved to death. Now as for the other part of my family tree, they were here when the Buffalo were still in the gazillions.

Comment

Most ranchers are not on welfare. Most ranchers don't hire illegal help because it's cheap. They hire them because you can't count on Americans to do the job. Go to any feed store or construction company and ask what the turnover rate is. Young people today don't want a starting out job, they all see themselves as equal. They don't understand working their way up.

Comment

Migrant Farm Workers... not to be confused with ILLEGAL aliens.

Comment

Working...
                                X