Personal and Group Management Online Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal and Group Management Online Journal

So TheHunterSight.com is your personal online hunting journal to record, scout, organize, and share all your hunting related activities. You must use chrome or safari internet browser for our satellite maps to work correctly. Internet explorer will not work, too outdated.

Essentially you can be anywhere (home, office, bbq, hunting camp) and as long as you have internet, you can access your game photos, nutrition records, kills, satellite maps of your properties, and a weather forecast for each property you have saved to your account. You would just go to the website, TheHunterSight.com, click Log In and enter your username and password after you have signed up and picked a package.

You can track as many hunting properties as you want to keep up with. For each property, you have 6 icons or features that aid you. Property map which is our satellite mapping feature. Game photos where you can upload and organize your game photos by animal into folders. You can even edit the timestamps if your camera was incorrectly placed in the field. Game trends is our feature that automatically shows you what your frequency for each folder of pictures based on time of day, wind direction, and moon phase. We supply a 7 day weather forecast to aid in using our game trends feature to help in picking which stand, which day, or which property to hunt.

We include nutrition templates for easy record keeping. We have harvest or kill templates and you can attach your photo. We automatically supply the weather information to your harvest record when you enter the date and time.

In addition, we allow you to join or create 'hunt clubs' which is group management for those on a lease, an outfitter, or ranch owner. Maybe you want to form a group with your family, friends, or neighbors to better manage your resources and improve your hunting. The tools are supplied for you to easily do that.

Lease listings is a feature that allows a member to post an opening or respond to an opening. It is available for all members. I am looking to get some lease postings on here for the current members.

To actually log in to a created account, go to TheHunterSight.com, click Log In in upper right corner,
    username is thehuntersightdemo@gmail.com
    Password is DEMO12345678

Check it out yourself by using my above account or look at my YouTube channel TheHunterSight to see tutorial videos. After you are done, sign up for only $24.99/yr

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvE_4q6DjrM&t=62s"]Getting Started #11, Group Management Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Changes made to the website - video tutorials, mission statement, and feature descriptions.

Comment

Store front will be added soon with quality products. You do not have to be a member to The Hunter Sight to access the store. If you are a member of The Hunter Sight, look for an email soon with exclusive discounts in the store. The store will be linked in the header at thehuntersight.com or you can get there when it is launched by going to thehuntersightstore.com. Should be launching in July.

If you know of a quality product that I should carry, let me know and I will see if I can get it.

Comment

These apps always look great. Wish someone would find a way to scale them, and could deal with the data entry issue...

That’s a really big hurdle.
        Last edited by Encinal; 06-13-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Have you tried this one? This has pre-made templates for easy data entry. I am not sure what you are talking about on the scaling or data entry issue with hunting apps?

This is not a phone app you download, access through chrome or safari internet browser by logging in to your account on a computer, smart phone, or tablet.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Beargrasstx; 06-15-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

We provide analytics based off of your records entered, to assist you in managing your hunting property. Hopefully by growing bigger, healthier, and older aged deer but whatever your goal these are tools you can use or not use. Tons of them on this site to utilize depending on your needs or goals.

Whether that be with age structure of bucks or improving buck/doe ratio. If you run feeders (supplementation) you can choose a feeder and see pounds consumed each month for the year. If you run multiple feeders you can select a date range to compare pounds consumed for all of them. This is no extra work for you, but can help you choose the best supplementation for your property.

This is just one of many tools you get in here. The harvest or kill records, you can see the template or add additional notes but we provide the exact weather for each harvest based on you just entering the day and time.

This is just the record keeping, not to mention the other features. All for $24.99 a year, plus you can save 5% on hunting items by being a member in our hunting store that will launch soon.

Comment

150,000 photos a year aren’t going to get loaded into an app... they might once... but it’s not going to happen every year. It’s too time consuming.

And We use bulk feed... I’d need to hire an intern for data collection.

Databases are only as good as the time you spend entering data.

There are properties that have incredible records and proprietary searchable databases of deer, but they also have staff dedicated exclusively to data entry and collection.

What I meant about it not “scaling” was, there’s no program that can make my life easier keeping track of 300 bucks in my head, which of 30 protein and 20 cottonseed feed locations are getting hammered faster in real time, where certain bucks go in preseason and rut and post rut, daily observation data...

Etc etc etc...

These things rock for someone who fills feeder with sacks and does it every 5 weeks and has 7 bucks living in with a few strangers that roll through...

That’d not hard to handle, and the refresher working with the data helps too...

The problem is with the volume I deal with, it becomes harder to take all those steps than to just file sort and remember to the best of my ability.
              Last edited by Encinal; 06-15-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Hence, you can enter it in a phone as you are doing it. You dont keep track of expenses? My program isnt meant to upload 150k pictures. It is meant to help a Hunter pattern their game photos and share some with clients or friends. It would cost me way too much money to look up the historical weather and store 150k photos. The cost would go up and only be able to be afforded by guys that complain about having too much that others dream of having.

If going to a feeder that holds 2k pounds and it is 25% full and you fill it up with a bulk loader. If the math is too hard to estimate pounds since you arent loading a 50lb sack or typing a couple numbers in while logged in from your phone... I dont know what to tell you. Good problems to have I guess.

You have 150k pictures to sort through, do you not organize them in folders? Could you not take those folders of pics, upload them into my program and see wind direction, moon phase, and time of day...sure you could.

I think some people like to complain while humble bragging about how great a place they got.

Comment

Maybe I misinterpreted what you are getting. But generally the most successful people and operations keep data. You look anywhere in life...sports, health, energy industry... learning from keeping data and seeing trends is critical in improving and becoming more efficient.

if you had an account, this is entering feed in from your cell phone.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Beargrasstx; 06-16-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Ok man whatever. No need to insult me. I posted because these types of things interest me. I’m a Data wonk, as I’m sure you are.

Can your app handle 90 gigs of pictures every year?

Comment

It can, it is scalable

Comment

Working...
                      X