No announcement yet.

Climbing treestand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Summit Viper SD. I started with the stock straps. Upgraded to backpack straps. Now I have the Molle military straps with the waist belt.

Here is what I will say about time it takes to climb up a stand and noise and all that jazz.

You have complete control over what time you start your day. Kinda like going to work. Give yourself plenty of time. If it takes you 15 minutes, so what. Your gonna be sitting in it for 3-5 hours so whats a few extra minutes?

As for finding that right trees. I'm not sure where everyone else hunts, but I have NEVER been limited on finding a tree. Oaks, Pines, etc.

As for how high you go. 15-20 feet is about the sweetspot to me. Anything higher, your limited on what you can see. The deer I tend to see don't like to be out in the open where you can see them for miles.

This coming year, I will be using a gamecart to roll my stand in the bulk of the way, then walking a much shorter distance. I'm not waiting until the morning of to decide what tree I am hunting. That's what the scouting trips are for. Ok, I'm done.

Comment

Summit SD from what my friends say.

Comment

Summit aluminum or Lone Wolf. Nothing else compares.

Comment

I have the Grand Ol' Man, an older version of the one in the link. Their not too heavy, I love the mesh seat, and I'm 260#'s so I like the 300# weight limit. It's Real quiet/welded with no moving bolts/nuts to make noise. The seat is wide, too.
          http://https://olmanoutdoors.com/pro...umalite-cts-2/
          Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 07-07-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I don’t use climbers anymore as I’ve switched hang-ons. I used to use an Ol’ Man, which I absolutely loved. If I had to buy one now, I’d consider an XOP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X