X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Get it now and I would think the wait wouldn't be but 2-3 months
    Swing and missed on this prediction.

People are still seeing 1 year wait times but some are coming in as fast as 6-7 months.

Should keep getting better though

Comment

People are still seeing 1 year wait times but some are coming in as fast as 6-7 months.

I have one in Jail since January. I was thinking it would be about 10 months. I may miss my estimate as well.

Comment

That's discouraging. My buddy bought another one last year but ended up canceling it. The wait can be horrendous.

Comment

It's a train wreck. Look at this graph. Trust submissions are in blue. Individuals are in red. Trusts are stuck at the July 13, 2016 41F wall and individuals are recently as March 2017 have already gotten the green light. It appears individual submissions are being prioritized and/or fast-tracked post-41F. Total conjecture here so take my .02 FWIW.

Last edited by 35remington; 09-21-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Next Wednesday will be at the 1 year mark for me. I have no idea how all these people tbat submitted after me are getting theirs in already. Extremely frustrating

Comment

I will say this much: I found a local gun range that also does Class III transfers. I bought a can two weeks ago and am already shooting it while the paperwork sits. That really takes the edge off the wait time.

Comment

I would put a call in ultralite, were you a trust or individual in the forms? Individuals have been flying through and are even in 1/28/2017. I filed under individual March 2017 and looks like I might even be getting close myself. Not counting on it, but just a glimmer of hope is nice.

Comment

I plan on ordering one soon..Sure hope it doesnt take 8+ months. I keep hearing some new thing will improve wait time. Forgot the name of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                    Next Wednesday will be at the 1 year mark for me. I have no idea how all these people tbat submitted after me are getting theirs in already. Extremely frustrating
                    Different Atf agents (if that's what you call them) go through their forms at different speeds

Comment

****, if I'd known that I would have filed as an individual instead of trust.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                        ****, if I'd known that I would have filed as an individual instead of trust.
                        None of the good reasons to use a trust are outweighed by a longer wait.

Comment

Form 4 Wait

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          None of the good reasons to use a trust are outweighed by a longer wait.

Meh, if you already have a couple the wait isn't a big deal.

I would still pick trust over individual all day long for my situation.

I submitted one at the end of March 2017. I expect it to take a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll be one year at the end of September. Filed a trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                              I would put a call in ultralite, were you a trust or individual in the forms? Individuals have been flying through and are even in 1/28/2017. I filed under individual March 2017 and looks like I might even be getting close myself. Not counting on it, but just a glimmer of hope is nice.

Got the number to call? Spoke with the shop I bought if from yesterday and she said they're just now getting in approvals from sales this time last year.

I filed as individual for this one due to circumstances at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                It's a train wreck. Look at this graph. Trust submissions are in blue. Individuals are in red. Trusts are stuck at the July 13, 2016 41F wall and individuals are recently as March 2017 have already gotten the green light. It appears individual submissions are being prioritized and/or fast-tracked post-41F. Total conjecture here so take my .02 FWIW.

I see blue dots inline with the red ones. Maybe the majority that submitted after 41F did it as individual.

Comment

Working...
                                X