Which bed cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bed cover?

I’m getting a new truck and want another bed cover for it.

I currently have a bakflip. I like it and it works fine but wondering what you all suggest?

I looked up the roll n lock ones and I like the fact they retract.

What’s your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged for the same info!!

Comment

Diamondback and none other

Comment

I've had two roll N locks on two trucks and like them. Last one had to be taken off to repair a dent in the side of the bed and hasn't stayed closed right since the body shop re-installed it. Not sure that is Roll N Locks fault. A relative has the solid aluminum roll n lock that looks like a great upgrade. Don't know about other brands but happy with roll N locks.

Comment

I like my roll n lock. I have the aluminum one. It functions fine but not very waterproof. If the truck is parked nose down it doesn’t leak that bad. If the truck is parked nose up the water holds and leaks into the rear of the bed. Anything within 12” of the tail gate is getting soaked.

I was considering a diamondback but I don’t like that the back doesn’t fold over. If I want to carry anything that doesn’t fit under the cover I have to either leave cover open or remove the back hatch. Not very convenient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Which bed cover?

I have a fold-a-cover on my truck for 10years. I’ll go with a different one next time. The hinge covers rot in a year so leaks and its gotten floppy. It’s just styrofoam between aluminum and the foam has broken down. Perhaps they’ve improved the design since I bought it but IDK.

Comment

I have an Agri-Cover Lomax that I like better than the bak-flip I had on a previous truck. Easy to take off or put back on (one minute) and leaks less than my backflip did. The only other one I seriously considered was the diamondback. I have two friends that have the diamond back and they are stout, but would be a pain to remove and reinstall.

Comment

Have had two Roll-n-Locks and now have a Backflip FS1 on my wife's truck.
                I like the Backflip the best because you lose bed space with the canister on the Roll-n-Lock.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have had bakflip for years. But will likely go retrax the next time around.

Comment

Just put a Retrax on my new truck after having a couple of Roll N Locks and couldn’t be more pleased. My biggest gripe with my RNL is they only stopped in a few spots. Retrax can be locked at any spot on the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by B Lasater View Post
                      Just put a Retrax on my new truck after having a couple of Roll N Locks and couldn’t be more pleased. My biggest gripe with my RNL is they only stopped in a few spots. Retrax can be locked at any spot on the rails.

How much room does the box in the bed that holds the cover take up?

Comment

The canister itself is right at 6”, with the cover rolled in the canister I’d say it’s close to 10”.

Comment

My model is the Retrax Pro MX, dust is way less with this model imo as well.

Comment

I had a tri fold on a previous truck and it was o.k. I have a Diamondback HD on my truck now and it's superior in every way. Most importantly (to me), it doesn't leak. At all. Second, you can haul stuff on top of it and I do that often, usually lumber, but could haul a 4 wheeler or whatever. You can fold the rear section over if you need to haul something tall, or you can remove the whole cover in just a few minutes. Easy to put back on. I like it. A lot.

Comment

I put the Diamond Back on my truck this past June. I took it to Colorado on a 3 week camping trip with my sons and i had the bed packed to the brim, 2 coolers and a cargo carry bag on top of the cover. Never would have fit everything we needed otherwise with a regular bed cover.

The couple times i've had something too large for the back cover to close, i just use a ratchet strap on the corner cleats and run it under my hitch and it's really secure.

On labor day, i hauled a 6'x6' blind that i broke down into 4 wall panels and a roof panel and loaded on top, Had tools and deer corn in the bed, secure.

It does have its drawbacks, but being able to haul stuff on top and keep stuff dry and secure on the bottom has made me appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X