Using Fishfinder out of the Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Fishfinder out of the Water

Not sure what to call it- I would like to turn on my Humminbird unit in the driveway to save a few parameters, set favorite views, etc without having to take time on the water. Can i do this somehow without hurting anything? Of course, google results say it will be fine and then next link says the whole unit will implode in short order.

Turn the transducer off and you’ll be fine.

Comment

I do it all the time. Mine hasn't blown up yet.

Comment

Shouldn’t hurt anything. If you’re worried, wrap a zip lock of water around your transducer. Or unplug it from the head unit. Or turn sonar off of it is a plotter.

Comment

You should be able to stop transducer. I’m a lowrance guy but I’m sure it is similar. Leaving it on long enough to make those adjustments shouldn’t damage anything.

Comment

Put it in simulator mode to train with. Then determine what you want. Then go back and set your quick set buttons. I'm guessing your's is a Helix?

I've been running Birds for a while. And have owned many. I've never had a problem with them out of the water, except they don't read depth very well . But will be close.

The only thing a transducer does is send and pick up a signal.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-09-2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X