Duck stamp collection value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck stamp collection value?

Curious about the value of 30 federal and 4 Texas (bottom right in pic) duck stamps. Oldest federal is from 1934-35 season (top left). Many from the 1970’s. Some are signed, some are stuck to hunting licenses or scrapbook paper. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files

No help,but nice collection sir.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The texas stamp on the lower right is a Cowan print. My dad has the print and both of our tags matted into the frame.

I have quite of few of mine over the years. I need to frame them all in something. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Not much, there are bunch on ebay. The signed ones are probably worthless

Comment

Told myself to start collecting stamps every year, but never did. I'm glad someone has done it. Well done!

Comment

Your oldest federal duck stamp is named RW1, the first one produced. It's worth more still attached to the Hunting Certificate (not a license, more of just a place to keep your stamp since the licenses didn't have that yet, I think). One like that just sold on the fleabay for $300. The stamps by themselves generally go for around $30, some for more, some for less, depending on condition. That is probably your most valuable stamp. The others will be considerably less. Leave it attached to the certificate. That's a nice collection. Sometimes I wish I had kept my duck stamps back when I got rid of my stamp collection.

Comment

Nice collection!

Been storing all mine in ziploc baggies. Or wrapped in wax paper. My oldest unsigned is a 1981 that I bought when I first moved back down here. I've got all the Texas duck stamps as well as a few of the Texas Turkey stamps, and Archery stamps. Got a few of my signed stamps that were on my licenses. And have a license scrap book to pass onto my grandboys when I'm gone. Some of the tags I used, I kept after use to go along with the licenses.

I try to buy 3 stamps every year. One for my license, one for any customers or family, if I take any that year, and one for my collection. If the customer stamp doesn't get used, then it's a trader or added to my collection.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-30-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Love it! Only have a few of mine!

Comment

Working...
                  X