Need a new stand and fill feeder-Recommendationss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The search function doesn't seem to be working today.

I'm wanting to buy a stand and fill feeder. I'm too dang old to be toting sacks of corn up a ladder.

I was looking online a couple of weeks ago and came across a company that has a warehouse in the Ft. Worth area that you had to set up an appointment to meet them. Anyone know the name that company? The one I looked at was caged.

I'm looking for one that will prevent the dang coons from reaching in and spinning the spinner. Our lease is loaded with coons.

I've been told the ASF feeders from Buccees have to be modified to prevent the coons fromm reaching in and scooping out the corn.

Any recommendations in the DFW area?
    Last edited by Froggy; 08-28-2022, 04:57 PM.

Just tried the search function again and it's working. SMDH.

Comment

Pretty sure that company is Wild Game Innovations.

Comment

I like mb ranch kings you adjust at the lid. Coin$$$. Or cheap buy any means

Comment

If you are like me, you want a true stand and fill and not a "stand on your tip toes/need a stool, put the bag on your shoulder and fill it" feeder. I didn't want cages either.....and I wanted my timer easily accessible up on the side of the feeder hopper somewhere so that I didn't have to get on my knees to change the feed times or check the battery. That led me to the Lamco 600 and the Bucees ASF EZ Feed 600. I have both. With them I can literally back up to my feeder in the pen and knock a feedsack off my tailgate into them to fill it. I like the low boy feature.

I personally do prefer the Lamco overall but the $$ savings on the ASF is hard to ignore. The modifications on the Bucees feeder are simple. A $40 add....4 metal plates from Home Depot, 12 holes and some short bolts to extend the bottom plate. If they would do this at the factory, it would be a winner out of the box.

Last edited by Smart; 08-28-2022, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I have a Lamco...does a good job keeping coons from reaching the spinner.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/deerfeedertexas/ just got one of these new 500lb stubby, works great

Comment

Lamco Low and Throw, hands down ! The coons will be ****** though ‘cause they can’t reach the spinner.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Drycreek3189; 08-28-2022, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I have been eyeballing the outdoor addiction. I think they are nearby where I live as well. Just need to see if their varmint plate extends to the bottom edge as I don’t want corn getting underneath it to entice hogs to cause damage.

Comment

We use the All Seasons 600lb at our lease (not the Buc-ee's version) and have no problems at all.

Comment

I'm cheap so I got the Barrel Buddy from All Seasons Feeders, put a $10 55 gallon barrel on there and was ready to go. So far it has been working great and coons haven't been able to reach in and spin it.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the All Seasons.

Comment

HB

Comment

Texas Wildlife Supply

Brady Outfitters
                            2346 S Bridge St
                            Brady, TX 76825
                            325-597-4600

They have a website too just Google them

I got mine in Brady but the have several dealers through out the state. Might be a bit cheaper in Brady because that’s where they make them. The spinner actually moves down to spin corn then sucks back up after spinning, seem to work on the coons. I like them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

All seasons. Non Bucees version

Comment

Working...
                              X