Blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind build

An acquaintance of mine asked me if I would build a 4'x4'x6' blind from OSB (19/32") for him. I will probably put used metal roofing material on top and add a shelf under each window. I will be purchasing all materials, including OSB, framing, hinges, paint, hardware. It will not be raised. The base will be a re-enforced wooden pallet. I will be painting it as well. How much would you charge him for this, including labor and materials? He is NOT a close friend. Thanks
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 08-19-2022, 10:10 AM.

Take materials and multiply by 1.5 or 2

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
      Take materials and multiply by 1.5 or 2
      That will probably be $500-600. That sound fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
        That will probably be $500-600. That sound fair?
        Better check your material costs again. Raw goods will probably run near that.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
          Better check your material costs again. Raw goods will probably run near that.
          What would you charge?

Comment

Draw out your plans and figure materials.
            Get on Home Depot or lowes website, price materials.
            take that number and multiply by 1.5
            If that doesn’t seem worth your time tack on another $100 until it does.

Fair price is whatever he’s willing to pay. If he doesn’t like it he can build his own.

Comment

200 in plywood
              100 2x4’s
              100 hardware & screws , blades
              40-50 paint
              150 - 200 labor
              Is my estimate
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-19-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

$700

Comment

I have some pallets if you want them

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                    I have some pallets if you want them
                    Thanks. I have access to pallets.

Comment

Heck I have 5'x5'x6' already built that I will sell you for $500. It has the deer view door with 3 deer view flip up windows, Built two years ago out of treated 2x2 walls, 2x6 base with 3/4" plywood floor and regular 5/32" plywood (not OSB). It has elevator brackets and a solar charging system,9" USB fan. Just have to drive to Orange to pick it up. send me a PM and I can send you some pictures of the blind if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                        Heck I have 5'x5'x6' already built that I will sell you for $500. It has the deer view door with 3 deer view flip up windows, Built two years ago out of treated 2x2 walls, 2x6 base with 3/4" plywood floor and regular 5/32" plywood (not OSB). It has elevator brackets and a solar charging system,9" USB fan. Just have to drive to Orange to pick it up. send me a PM and I can send you some pictures of the blind if your interested.
                        He wants brand new. Thanks

Comment

OP, I'm building one now out of a 4'x8' pallet for the base, and 6' tall. I'll probably have about $300-350 in it on material, that's using 1/4" OSB on the walls, no plywood anywhere. But it is raised 8' off ground with 4x4 posts.
                          Costs have come way down since May, is the only reason I decided to go ahead and build it.
                          Last edited by tdwinklr; 08-19-2022, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I'm coming up with about $325 for materials. so, I'm thinking $600-650 for the price. There will be no sliding windows. Just opened or closed OSB panels. 19/32" OSB is nearly double the price of 7/16".

Comment

Open your Eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X