Dove Loads - Is this our new norm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove Loads - Is this our new norm?

Have been to 3 different Academy's and 3 other gun shops between Beaumont and Corpus. The cheapest a case of dove shot I can find is $99.99 a case before tax. This is for the cheap Monarch stuff that I was buying last year for $50 a case. Is this what we should expect from here on out? It's not going to stop me from hunting, but I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a couple cases at that price of it's going to go up $50 more a case next year? Anyone know where to buy some shells cheaper?

Walmart has 100 round boxes of 7 1/2 shot 1-1/8oz I think they are around 35 bucks for 100

Comment

Inflation was 0% in july...

Comment

I think it is quite possibly the new norm. Ammo is high, the price on most ammo has at least doubled. Lucky for me, or maybe unlucky. I was in the habit of buying a few cases every year before dove season but I haven’t had any birds in 5 years so I'm good for now.

Comment

It's exactly why I started reloading again, even bought a 20ga mec grabber to match my 12. For quite a few years due to the price of components it was cheaper to buy shells. Not any more.

Comment

Yep. The days of $40 for a case of winchesters ain't coming back. Everything is $10 a box now, more than that if you like good stuff. Still the cheapest part about hunting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              LOL. I think you need to take another look

Comment

Comment

so happy i reload, i dont have to deal with this.

Comment

I have a 12g and 20g but my go to dove gun is my Wingmaster 16g and while I have a couple cases of 7.5 I haven't seen many around lately and if I do find them, they are stupid expensive.

Comment

Time to start Dove hunting with the ole trusty single shot again.

Comment

$10-$11 per box is what I am seeing everywhere on dove loads.. I would be surprised if they ever drop by much.. Make those shots count...

Comment

Yea did you see that IDIOT actually say that too???

Comment

Wow. Glad I bought 10 cases last year. I hope this isn't the new norm.

Comment

Walmart has a small 'case' of 4 boxes of 3" steel. Last year was $45, this year $65.

Comment

Working...
                              X