Establishing Fence Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Establishing Fence Row

Two sides of a recently purchased property are not fenced and it appears that a fence row has never been established. Would a reputable fencer be able to use the survey to clear those lines? If not, who would?

We had a surveyor from town come out and mark the corners.

Comment

We have corners marked but there's a lot of distance between them and it's heavy brush without visibility from one marker to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        We had a surveyor from town come out and mark the corners.
        Then inform your neighbors and give them a month to respond before building the fence. I grabbed 6' of my neighbors yard due to a survey...

Comment

Contact adjacent landowners and let them know what your plans are as far as fencing. This might enable you to get a better 'clear line' for fencing. Some should share the cost.
          Is this a lot or acreage? To the specific question, yes, a fence builder 'should' be able to follow the survey lines if they are marked well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Then inform your neighbors and give them a month to respond before building the fence. I grabbed 6' of my neighbors yard due to a survey...

I’m would have “grabbed” your fence and used it for firewood if I was your neighbor and you built it 6’ onto my property

Comment

A builder can use GPS to mark the lines. I also would contact the neighbors. At the very least they may allow you to clear some on their side too. This would make it easier to build and also maintain the fence. Best case they would help you pay for it

Comment

Drive a t-post at the corners and slip a 20' joint of 2'' PVC over them. You can see them along ways off if it's not to thick.

Comment

Have corners marked and points on line by a surveyor !

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                    We have corners marked but there's a lot of distance between them and it's heavy brush without visibility from one marker to the next.
                    You need a dozer.

Comment

Why do you want to fence it?

Comment

Just get a surveyor to stake it every hundred feet, nobody will argue that…..usually.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          I’m would have “grabbed” your fence and used it for firewood if I was your neighbor and you built it 6’ onto my property
                          Ac this was a residential neighborhood with 30 feet between the houses. I gave my neighbor the copy of the survey and the plot map from 1970. He did his research and came by and told me I was right. Zero animosity...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            Ac this was a residential neighborhood with 30 feet between the houses. I gave my neighbor the copy of the survey and the plot map from 1970. He did his research and came by and told me I was right. Zero animosity...

Then did you steal 6’ of his land with an old survey or not? Either way he was ok with it so it’s all good I guess.

Comment

Extended corner post and GPS should make it easy to establish a straight line between surveyed corners.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X