Hunt Videoing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt Videoing Question

My youngest son (15) has expressed some interest in videoing his hunts. All I know about videoing is that there is a button on my phone.

What is an entry level video camera that would take HD video? Would he need any special software to make videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In for the answer.

Comment

Just from watching YouTube channels lots of them use go pros. Might be a good start

Comment

sony handycam is what I always see people answer for beginner cams. Other than that I have no idea

Comment

Micheal has a very good video available on this very subject. Several actually.

Comment

I would hate to recommend a Mac to anyone, but as far as software for video creation Apple computers come with iMovie, incredibly user friendly, and he probably already knows how to use it.

Comment

Would also like to video my sons football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is he filming bow hunts or rifle hunts? If bow, I would look at the Sony RX100 series of cameras. They are small and have a lot of great features like slow motion, etc.

If gun hunting, you'll need something with a lot of Zoom.

Comment

Next comes editing software

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    Micheal has a very good video available on this very subject. Several actually.
                    This is where i would start

Comment

Technology has come a long way. Easiest srart up would be a newer IPhone and a cheap MacBook. IPhone has movie maker for quick edits. Laptop has Movie Maker already installed with more features. Archery shots are close so don’t need a lot of zoom.

Comment

Canon makes good user friendly ones should be able to pick one up for $150 black friday deals online best buy

Comment

Gopros are so wide angle that you really have to position them close to the animal to get decent footage, which means that you either have to use them with a remote or on continuous loop. The remotes are extremely unreliable and for a several hour sit with it in continuous loop, you need a large memory card and an external battery. The less expensive Sony and Canon cameras are ok for anything but slow motion. If you want good slow motion, you have to use a Gopro or a more expensive handi-cam.

Comment

has anybody used the cheap 4k ones on Amazon, like this one?

Comment

Working...
                            X