78 super cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 super cab

picked up a 78 super cab over the weekend i dont do fords however i guess ill have to get it running for my oldest son only been sitting 4 years it was originally his grandfathers truck and he bought it new 351 c6 2wdvery clean truck had it been 4wd i think id have liked it

Is he going to keep it or sell it?
    Love that body style truck. Liked the square headlights better on the 79 though.

Comment

I had a 78 long bed but it wasn't the super cab. Loved that truck regret selling it to this day.

Comment

pic

its not going to be for sale unless the fellar i picked it up for doesnt make the payments,its a 150 ranger explorer however i know nothing about fords not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing my ex father in law bought it new in 78 couldnt get a 3/4 ton at that time for whatever reason he bought 60 rear and other 3/4 ton parts switched it all over in early 80's to make it a 3/4 ton
        Attached Files

Comment

curious of peoples thoughts on value of truck?

Comment

Nice old truck Tiger ! how did that brush hog work out for you ?

Comment

I’m not going to spit out an actual value, but I know the people who are selling them are sure enough proud of them. I have always regretting selling my 76 f250 highboy! I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could find one under 10k that wasn’t trashed and rusted out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice old truck Tiger ! how did that brush hog work out for you ?actually never used it yet with the lack of rain

Comment

I have a 65 that is a money pit. I would say 2-3k value for a non-running 2wd

Comment

I had a fully restored 79 super cab half ton with a 460 in it. It was black on black and all original. That was the only truck I kick myself for getting rid of. Not real sure of the value, but every decent classic truck is bringing at least 10k.

Comment

That's a pretty clean old Ford. In that condition, I'd think it would be worth $4-5K; but it wouldn't take much to make it worth $10-12K.

Comment

My first vehicle was a 78 F150 long bed Super Cab, 4X4 C6, with a 400. I sold it and bought a 78 Bronco, with a 400, and a C6. That truck I loved, that truck would go anywhere.
                        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 07-14-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

My very first brand new truck was a '77 F150 with a 351. If for some reason you need a set of stock exhaust manifolds, I still have them over at my sisters house.

Comment

thanks but i assume these are good ill know by tomorrow i think

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                              thanks but i assume these are good ill know by tomorrow i think
                              I ordered the truck from the factory. Had it 3 months and swapped cam, intake, carb and put headers on it. An 18yr old don't need no stinkin warranty!

And by the way, it was a 351M not a Cleveland or Windsor.
                              Last edited by Goldeneagle; 07-14-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X