Kimble co fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimble co fire

Anyone got any info on the fire in southwest kimble…neighbor said its about a mile from me but didn’t know much info… telegraph area

My app says its the Nethery Road Fire. 102 acres so far

Comment

Interactive real-time wildfire and forest fire map for Texas. See current wildfires and wildfire perimeters in Texas using the Fire, Weather & Avalanche Center Wildfire Map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It always worries me when I see fires pop up in that area, especially with my folks living near Doss now. Their place is mostly heavy brush, scrub oaks and cedar, and dad refuses to let me clear out the underbrush and make a bigger fire break around the house. Somebody could fart and cause a fire up there right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This morning, when I walked out to my pickup, it was covered with ash. Talking with the boys at the feed store, fire is up to 2,000 acres and growing. It is in that rough, cedar brake country west of Telegraph and south of Roosevelt.
          US Forestry Service came through town yesterday afternoon with heavy equipment to construct fire lanes. Praying for a rain to put it out.
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
            My app says its the Nethery Road Fire. 102 acres so far
            Wow ! Either it's growing or my app is reading a lot different than yours ! 5 hours later - mine says it's 2000 acres ! From MyRadarPro app.

Comment

Thats what the Fire weather avalanche website was saying this morning when I looked

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                That's just about a mile east of my old deer lease.

Comment

I could see it from my place in Rocksprings yesterday. At first I thought it was a big storm cloud! That's from 377 outside of town by Grooms.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got VFD's working it from Kerr County as well as Kimble County and TFS. 2000 acres and 10% contained was the last I was told.
                    Last edited by SabreKiller; 07-12-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                      This morning, when I walked out to my pickup, it was covered with ash. Talking with the boys at the feed store, fire is up to 2,000 acres and growing. It is in that rough, cedar brake country west of Telegraph and south of Roosevelt.
                      US Forestry Service came through town yesterday afternoon with heavy equipment to construct fire lanes. Praying for a rain to put it out.
                      Adios,
                      Gary
                      Oh man that is some seriously rough country out that way.. Going to get ugly.. Prayers for all involved..

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Not on our pastures but our landowners ranch. It got within about 200 yards of our border. Hauled out there Tuesday night in case we could save anything. Was a sight to see. A big rain storm and super high humidity seemed to help knock it down. Thanks to everyone that helped. They said they had almost 200 people, planes, choppers, dozers, tank trucks etc. People from all over the country fighting that fire.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that is scary

Comment

Did they get it under control? Man we need some rain!!

Comment

Working...
                              X