Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Taylor…8th edi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I was at the farm last weekend, so many dove that we aren't bothering to go hunt this weekend....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That’s what I’m afraid of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      so many dove that we aren't bothering to go hunt this weekend....
      A scene from Hitchcock's The Birds?
      Attached Files

Comment

I was in SW Coleman County over the weekend and saw rain all 3 days! The doves were scarce though.

Nothing spectacular showing at the feeders but 5-7 deer at each feeding. While driving around, I did see a group of 6 axis.

Comment

We are also in SW Coleman county would love to see some axis on our place

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
            I was in SW Coleman County over the weekend and saw rain all 3 days! The doves were scarce though.

Nothing spectacular showing at the feeders but 5-7 deer at each feeding. While driving around, I did see a group of 6 axis.

Nice!

Comment

Let's keep this going fellas!

Any updates?

Heading to our farm this weekend to plant food plots and check cameras.

Comment

Hosting a nice couple this weekend for a hog hunt.

No luck thus far, but dinner is looking fine!

Nebraska Whitetail tenderloin and backstrap, (no mustard rub)!

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                  Hosting a nice couple this weekend for a hog hunt.

No luck thus far, but dinner is looking fine!

Nebraska Whitetail tenderloin and backstrap, (no mustard rub)!

Not what we wanted to see…product of Mother Nature…fresh velvet attached to this young buck!

Comment

Cell cams are showing poor antler development this year, mediocre body conditions and very hungry deer. We have protein stations about every 150 acres and the deer are just hammering it. Our section up and away from Hubbards Creek is where we run cell cams because the signal is good enough. The best buck we have so far won't break 150." Hopefully the four stations/cameras we have closer to the creek will have some better target bucks. Headed back out for the bow opener, but at this stage, feels like it will be more of a dove hunt and work weekend to prepare for rifle season.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                      Cell cams are showing poor antler development this year, mediocre body conditions and very hungry deer. We have protein stations about every 150 acres and the deer are just hammering it. Our section up and away from Hubbards Creek is where we run cell cams because the signal is good enough. The best buck we have so far won't break 150." Hopefully the four stations/cameras we have closer to the creek will have some better target bucks. Headed back out for the bow opener, but at this stage, feels like it will be more of a dove hunt and work weekend to prepare for rifle season.

Yep, pics I have so far have me re-rigging duck decoys

Comment

Food plots have been planted, and we are now praying for rain.

Don't think we have enough moisture in the ground to germinate, but we are hopeful.

Trail cam activity has been non-existent since the rains from earlier this month.

What is everyone seeing?

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Won't be able to make it out due to work obligations.

Comment

Up for this thread...headed up for a quick hunt this evening.

Barometric pressure is very high, hoping for a good sit!

Comment

A little late to the game this year we are up this weekend just kicked off feeders and cameras.

Steaks on the grill it was a good day

Comment

Our cameras (and actual sitting in stand) are showing few fawns. I think the fawn ‘crop’ suffered greatly from the drought. However, I think the does are looking healthier than normal (not having to support a fawn?).
                                Anyone else see similar?

Comment

Working...
                                X