Chasing the grand slam!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on a great hunt .
    I enjoy following along and that trip ending meal looked good also.

Comment

Congrats Doc, great write up and great ram.

Comment

Thanks for taking us along doc, hope to be up there someday...until then I am training.

Just noticed we both live in the 'beautiful' Amarillo, small world.

Surprised you haven't delivered one of our kiddos, we have 6 and Barnett delivered most of them.

God bless!
        Last edited by chastings77; 09-30-2022, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Doc,
          Congrats!!!
          Great write up, story and pics.
          Thanks for continuing to share your adventures with us.

Comment

Like this ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doc ram.png
Views:	1
Size:	1,014.0 KB
ID:	24693267
            Last edited by buck_wild; 09-30-2022, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
              Thanks for taking us along doc, hope to be up there someday...until then I am training.

Just noticed we both live in the 'beautiful' Amarillo, small world.

Surprised you haven't delivered one of our kiddos, we have 6 and Barnett delivered most of them.

God bless!
              If Barnett delivered them when he was still in our practice then I am amazed I wasn’t involved at some point!

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                Like this ?

[ATTACH]1103983[/ATTACH]
                That’s pretty dang close. That line to make 4/5 can actually come back a bit where it hits the eye. When caped out you gain a fair amount of leeway. I bet 1/2 an inch or more. But, you got it right.

Comment

Outstanding hunt, Doc!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

what a challenging but awesome hunt, congrats on finishing the sheep slam and one more closer to your super slam. Cant wait until the next hunt!

Comment

Fantastic write up as usual, Congrats again and Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Awesome write up accompanied by great photos as we have all come to expect from a docmay hunt. I really like the daily “notes” on your phone. Keeps those thoughts and feelings in the moment fresh. When retelling stories, we tend to remember things better (or worse) than they actually were in the moment. I know it’s maybe not the caliber of ram you set out for, but a legal ram in that country is an accomplishment to any hunter and I hope you display him with pride like your other amazing mounts.

I look forward to the write ups for the next adventure after Ibex with the Mrs and the Polar Bear should be EPIC.

Since you can’t bring the polar bear back, what are you going to do? Do you just have the hide tanned there and keep the skull and hide in Canada hoping for a law change in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                          Awesome write up accompanied by great photos as we have all come to expect from a docmay hunt. I really like the daily “notes” on your phone. Keeps those thoughts and feelings in the moment fresh. When retelling stories, we tend to remember things better (or worse) than they actually were in the moment. I know it’s maybe not the caliber of ram you set out for, but a legal ram in that country is an accomplishment to any hunter and I hope you display him with pride like your other amazing mounts.

I look forward to the write ups for the next adventure after Ibex with the Mrs and the Polar Bear should be EPIC.

Since you can’t bring the polar bear back, what are you going to do? Do you just have the hide tanned there and keep the skull and hide in Canada hoping for a law change in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I have not made a final decision on what to do if I kill the polar bear. I have been looking at a taxidermist that does replicas(Kanati). They are **** good and I want a white bear in the house. I have zero faith polar bear will ever become importable. Maybe a very slim chance that bears killed before the ban get home. I’m happy with an awesome experience and pics. I put it off for a while because I couldn’t imagine not bringing the trophy home. I have lots of mounts at home and for me hunting is about the adventure. I’ll figure more out as it gets closer.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

These are some replica polar bears that Kanati had at SCI. I think the look great!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                                These are some replica polar bears that Kanati had at SCI. I think the look great!

All I can think about is the scene from Roadhouse. "A Polar Bear fell on me!"

Comment

Working...
                                X