Cabelas rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabelas rant

Don’t be an idiot like me and let Cabelas in Ft Worth mount a scope. I bought a new rifle and scope and had them mount the scope. They screwed up the first scope mount and I made them redo with a different scope. Finally went to the range today and had to get Way Out West to remount, they did a good job.

Sad because mounting a scope and bore sighting is too easy. I have had BPS do some of mine and never had an an issue. I build a Gunsmith/Gun Cleaning Box out of a Harbor Freight Tool rolling box and do all mine from home.

Comment

same here with Cabelas but mine is a D-loop on my bowstring. Had them replace mine a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Shot several arrows with it. Yesterday I go out to practice again and the loop slipped out of my release twice, sending my arrow wherever. Now 1 day out of season opener, I have to get the D-loop redone. Not good !!!

Comment

Cabela’s is a great place to shop if you like to look fashionable while hunting and fishing. Other than that…

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          same here with Cabelas but mine is a D-loop on my bowstring. Had them replace mine a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Shot several arrows with it. Yesterday I go out to practice again and the loop slipped out of my release twice, sending my arrow wherever. Now 1 day out of season opener, I have to get the D-loop redone. Not good !!!
          How does your d loop slip out of your release?

Comment

I have no problem shopping at BPS or Cabelas, but I never let them work on anything for me, especially my bow. Nope

Comment

I am scared to shop @ BPS ! The parking lot is a war zone - high crime area in San Antonio @ Katy

And 100’s & 100’s of people talking about poor work @ them

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                How does your d loop slip out of your release?
                Asking myself the same thing yesterday. Turns out the D-loop had no core to it so it just flattened out. Dumbest thing ever. Just got it redone this morning and its right now. Glad I checked it before the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X