• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was awesome to watch! Great info.

Comment

Ok...

Comment

If I am taking the meat to be processed, do I field dress and drop off with the processor and request they preserve the cape?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
          If I am taking the meat to be processed, do I field dress and drop off with the processor and request they preserve the cape?
          Skin and quarter it yourself before taking it to the processor... No one screws up more capes than processors and "drunk brother inlaws"... They who gets the blame anyway.

Comment

After those cuts do you tie a golfball in the back and rip it off with a sxs?

ac

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcFJOcppQa4"]How To Easily Skin A Deer (#580) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                After those cuts do you tie a golfball in the back and rip it off with a sxs?

ac
                LOL.. Oh it happens..

Comment

This is a good video..

If you're looking to get a shoulder mount on your next deer harvest this video will walk you through start to finish on how we skin the deer for the taxiderm...

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                    That’s exactly how I DONT skin my bucks for a shoulder mount. There is no need to cut the hide from the ribs down the back side of the leg. Don’t do that. It’s just as easy to take the hide off in a tubular manner down each leg and cut it off at the knee joints
                    If you do three or four deer a day and a Nilgai thrown in the mix with two hunts in between the way you described is exactly how I don’t do my deer. You would have ticked off clients if they’re late or get their hunt cut short cause a guide is tediously over complicating a cape. I guess if you’ve got the time knock yourself out. But the way described above is plenty sufficient and way faster.

Comment

Working...
                    X