Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I watched of last nights Aggie game, Miami is a bit lacking in the Red-zone offense department. Kudos to the Aggies.

Miami is the first team since at least 2000 to record 27+ first downs and score 0 touchdowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

GameDay headed to Knoxville. I thought there might be a chance they’d picked up the KU/Duke game.

Comment

Our defense is improved but man we had a bunch of missed tackles last night. Need to clean that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          Sounds like Patterson has been a difference maker.
          I think GP is doing just what GP wants to do. Advise, roam the side line on game day and play his music.

GP is a defensive genius!

Good win for Texas with Card at the helm!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            From what I watched of last nights Aggie game, Miami is a bit lacking in the Red-zone offense department. Kudos to the Aggies.

Miami is the first team since at least 2000 to record 27+ first downs and score 0 touchdowns.

Wrecking Crew!

Comment

2022 College Football Week 3

Compressed field in the red zone. Safeties in tighter. It’s tougher to score. Credit to tbe D. To be honest, i dont recall the U getting close to scoring. Sure they got in the redzone but never down near the goal line.

I am a lot higher on this defense than many of my buddies. Our DB’s cover well. Our safeties cover good and tacke great. Our LB’s will pop you. Our D-Line is **** near 3 deep and young. Our best interior DL (Jackson) still hasnt played but should be a go next week.

We have been pretty vanilla too with not a lot if stunts and blitzes. I think Durkin will calll it a little more creative in conference play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 09-18-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

2022 College Football Week 3

Hats off to the 12th Man that showed up last night. Fresh off an embarrassing loss to App State and we packed the house with 107k fans. Amazing atmosphere last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  Compressed field in the red zone. Safeties in tighter. It’s tougher to score. Credit to tbe D. To be honest, i dont recall the U getting close to scoring. Sure they got in the redzone but never down near the goal line.

I am a lot higher on this defense than many of my buddies. Our DB’s cover well. Our safeties cover good and tacke great. Our LB’s will pop you. Our D-Line is **** near 3 deep and young. Our best interior DL (Jackson) still hasnt played but should be a go next week.

We have been pretty vanilla too with not a lot if stunts and blitzes. I think Durkin will calll it a little more creative in conference play.

And this against what many are saying is a first round QB pick in the Miami QB. They did come up with some good play, but letting too many 3rd down conversions get done. Arkansas will be tough if not impossible to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    And this against what many are saying is a first round QB pick in the Miami QB. They did come up with some good play, but letting too many 3rd down conversions get done. Arkansas will be tough if not impossible to stop.
                    Bobby Petrino gave Arky all they could handle with Missouri State. If Jimbo can get more production out of the offense we can win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

I watched the no-huddle replay. Ags definitely gave up too many 3rd down conversions to extend drives. Most of those seemed to be when the RB bounced outside and the end/corners lost contain. A couple of times Overton lost the edge. Keep in mind he’s 17 and should be a senior in HS. Chapelle and Jones got caught looking inside and out of position for run support, as well.

I think the LBs are definitely a weakness of this defense. They have to fill gaps better.

That said, the canes never even really threatened the end zone. They ran 3 offensive plays inside the Ags’ 10 and never made it inside the 5, nor did they even attempt a pass into the end zone.

The secondary is DEEP and talented. Even with losing Miles Jones to injury before the game, then having Denver Harris and Bouie suspended, the losing George and Richardson in the first quarter to targeting (correct call by rule, but those were tough calls, initiated from the booth) and, finally, playing the last couple of series without AJ, the secondary played great. JJ played a hell of a game in his first game back. Chappell did, as well. Gilbert was physical. I was REALLY impressed with Bryce Anderson. You had Kerr and Moten playing unexpected minutes and they held their own.

Offensively, they have to do better and figure out a way to scheme guys open. First play to Green was money, then didn’t target TEs anymore after? Being without Marshall and Stewart hurt. Where is Moose?

OL was improved, but have to be better. I expect they’ll continue to improve as a unit as Foster heals and gets more comfortable. He had a gutty performance.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Progress

This is the first time since 2011 that Texas has held their first three opponents to 20 points or less.

Texas’ defense is also allowing their fewest yards per game since 2011.

Texas had 32 pressures on the quarterback last night vs. UTSA. Harris is shifty.

They need QB1

Did Card play the whole game?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

He did. He limped around at times but seemed ok enough.

Comment

He did, and while he made a few plays he just doesn’t have the arm talent Ewers has and it’s very noticeable.

Comment

He did fine. He had a big 40 yard scramble in the 4th quarter that got Texas out of the shadow of their own end zone. He was not limping on that run. Bijon followed with a 40+ yd TD run. They said Ewers was throwing on the sideline during the pre game warm ups. Hopefully he will be ready for blow U.
                              Hook Em

Comment

They fired Herm!!!! I may bust out the good bottle of Scotch!!! Makes last night’s loss worth it

Comment

Working...
                                X