Matagorda Bay hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matagorda Bay hotels

recommendations for a plain jane hotel near the ocean for a last minute road trip ?
    thanks in advance

You have 3 to choose from

Westwood Inn- new and bouje

Shell motel- 2nd cousin to the Bates motel

Fisherman’s inn- see #2 for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My sons and I have stayed at the Westwood Inn a couple of times. New and clean - everything you need for a place to crash after a day on the water.

Comment

have you stayed at westwood

Comment

Fishermans Motel is old, not fancy, but it's been clean and comfy each time I stayed there. Mayhem is just too fancay

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

Mayhem nailed it except Full Stringer Lodge. May be a little high for your liking?

Comment

Full stringer is nice, we have stayed there quite a few times.

Comment

If all you need is a bed, cold ac and a shower, the shell is worth the price

Comment

Forgot about full stringer.

I guess you could also stay at the Storm shack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Carlas Courts was the bomb. $35 hot shower and cold blow, but a hurricane took them out. Shell next to Stanley's isnt bad, just don't leave anything on your truck

Comment

Luther Hotel in Palacios. Right on the bay

Comment

The Westwood is pretty nice and new. I have a bunch of customers who stay there and like it. And I have a bunch of customers who like the Fisherman's Motel. It's older but they like it. I have had a few stay at the Shell Motel but not a whole lot.

Full Stringer has the Karankawa Village lodge. I have only had a group or two who stayed there and I have never been in the rooms but it looks nice.

I have quite a few groups who have stayed at the Storm Shack and really like it.

The Sunrise Lodge has a couple of bungalows next door to Coastal Que and they are nice and clean. He's got a 1 and 2 bedroom bungalow available. A bunch of my customers stay there and like it. The bungalows have a covered deck and picnic tables between them for a place to hang out. If you have more people his new place across the street, Sunrise Palms, is nice and is a fun place to hang out with a pool, putting green and a big covered deck. Call Bink Grimes if you want more details 979-241-1705.

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                            Luther Hotel in Palacios. Right on the bay
                            If you are into really old hotels the Luther and Blessing Hotels are in the area and are kinda cool if you are into that sort of thing. The Blessing Hotel still puts on a pretty good homestyle lunch.

Comment

booked the westwood
                              thanks to all
                              now hoping the fish will cooperate

Comment

Working...
                              X