Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a decent feeder battery charger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one's we have plug into the wall, are super cheap and don't have any kind of an indicator light to tell you whether they are finished or not.

Is there a better charger out there I should be looking for? They all look the same to me but I know almost nothing about batteries.

Following..........I thought it was just me!

Comment

Ill have to look at what brand mine it tonight. It is a 6v/12v charger and has 3 lights. Green Yellow and Red.

Comment

Originally posted by innergel View Post
        The one's we have plug into the wall, are super cheap and don't have any kind of an indicator light to tell you whether they are finished or not.

Is there a better charger out there I should be looking for? They all look the same to me but I know almost nothing about batteries.
        The WGI ones I bought at Academy and Tractor Supply have a light that blinks when they are charged.

Comment

Use a standard battery charger that will charge a 6v and 12v battery.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            Ill have to look at what brand mine it tonight. It is a 6v/12v charger and has 3 lights. Green Yellow and Red.

I have a few of these also.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              There you go. That is the exact ones we use. My hunting buddy each have one at home and we also keep one at the farm. Have been working for 7-8 years so far.

Comment

solar panel

Comment

I think i have the same issue but i think it is the battery not the charger

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    I've got to go to Academy today and will see if they have these. This is just barely an upgrade over what we have. At least is has a few indicator lights on it.

I thought there would be some tricked out thing that had real-time charging info on it. The portable one I have for my phone does it.

Comment

Noco Genius 1 from Amazon is what I use. It’s fantastic. It pulses a red light while charging and then turns green when done. It’ll also maintain the battery if you leave it connected. If the battery is bad, once it completes the attempted charging cycle, it also has an indicator light that will come on to alert you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        solar panel
                        This and don’t look back.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                          Noco Genius 1 from Amazon is what I use. It’s fantastic. It pulses a red light while charging and then turns green when done. It’ll also maintain the battery if you leave it connected. If the battery is bad, once it completes the attempted charging cycle, it also has an indicator light that will come on to alert you.

That works with feeder batteries? I saw those but it looks like it automotive only. But like I said, I know almost nothing about batteries and chargers

Comment

I really like this Battery charger/tender.

I can switch between 6 and 12v as needed for batteries to feeders.... AND ...connect it to the ranch atv in between times I'm not there. Lots of good tech and reviews on it. Very easy to use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XP77JCS...roduct_details

The fully automatic Battery Tender 1.25 AMP is a top-of-the-line 12V or 6V switchable battery charger, 12V Lithium(LiFePO4) perfect for automotive, motorcycle, and marine applications. With almost double the power of the Battery Tender Junior, this charger is versatile and powerful. Equipped with a simplified 4-step automatic charge process, all Battery Tender battery chargers automatically switch from full charge to float charge mode. Reverse hook-up protection makes connecting your charger safe and easy to do. LED light indicators make selecting your charge mode simple.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by innergel View Post
                              That works with feeder batteries? I saw those but it looks like it automotive only. But like I said, I know almost nothing about batteries and chargers

Yes it does. The clamps are small and will clip onto the small feeder battery connections. I brought home 4 of our batteries from the ranch. Charged them all and found out one was toast. Been really happy with it. We have used the academy ones and they have all broken and feel really cheap. That noco charger is small, easily portable, and feels very well constructed.

Edit: took a pic of it while I was at home for lunch.

Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 09-08-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X