I hate Chainsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
    Only pre-mixed fuel. Makes em much less of a PIA.
    Yep. Pre-mixed is the way to go. It costs more but to have a chainsaw that starts when you need it is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
      I have a Husqvarna, only run truefuel in it. It can sit for a yr, and will still fire right up. It cuts wood like a beaver son
      Same here. Never have run ethanol through it and I have never had any trouble with it. Runs great every time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a cheap gasser I run in premix, and I have a nice electric one. Never hurts to have 2.

Comment

Husqvarna or Stihl only. Premium fuel with Castrol 927 premix oil. Stihl file to sharpen the chain. This new Stihl file is the bomb diggity!

Comment

Had a poulan pro last me 13 years!lol Keep the ethanol chit out of em, use green stabil in the gas year-round and it don't hurt to start em up once in a while in the off season. It ain't the saws fault y'all, take care of it!lol Like anything else that you want to keep working right.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Fresh gas every time. Dump out old gas between times. Run saw till it runs out of gas.
              Only time I have a problem is when I forget to do this. It is often many months between uses

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                I would have had 5 battery charges or 5 batteries to do the work I did with my Stihl gas today! I’ve seen studies that show tru fuel is not all that great ! I use ethanol free gas and mix it myself. My saw may sit for six months and it will crank right up with the gas that was in it. Keep your air filter clean, stop more often to touch up the chain , flip the bar over every time you sharpen your blade, use quality bar oil. Purchase a quality saw!

What studies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  What studies?

Not a study but was talking to a stihl rep and he did say if your gonna use the pre-mix high dollar stuff, that you should use whatever brand goes with the saw. I think it was in regards to the lubricants in different brands not being up to par for some machines. I don't use em but sounded good to me. He's the one that works on em so I sure couldn't debate him!lol Ethanol free gas and the stihl oil has been workin' just fine for a long time in all my stuff...haven't had to work on any of em. I will say, I have used the stihl gas to "summerize" stuff that I thought may sit a while. Pour a lil bit in an empty tank then crank it up and run it dry.

Comment

There is a video on YouTube about tru fuel .
                    In the video it shows the loss of 600 rpms winch means less power using tru fuel .

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                      In the video it shows the loss of 600 rpms winch means less power using tru fuel .

I only use it for my weed eater but I can see where that would be a problem with a chainsaw

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                        Not a study but was talking to a stihl rep and he did say if your gonna use the pre-mix high dollar stuff, that you should use whatever brand goes with the saw. I think it was in regards to the lubricants in different brands not being up to par for some machines. I don't use em but sounded good to me. He's the one that works on em so I sure couldn't debate him!lol Ethanol free gas and the stihl oil has been workin' just fine for a long time in all my stuff...haven't had to work on any of em. I will say, I have used the stihl gas to "summerize" stuff that I thought may sit a while. Pour a lil bit in an empty tank then crank it up and run it dry.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post

Her name is chickanic.

She puts out some good vids, how to repair small engines.

Comment

I haven't seen any power loss, still runs like a scaled dog. I also have a dewalt battery powered saw also, haven't used it alot yet, but like it so far for the smaller jobs

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                              Just buy a stihl
                              Oh they produce lemons too... Trust me..
                              My new Stihl chainsaw has me debating about EVER buying another Stihl product.. Personally I think all brands these days are junk.. Made in the same foreign sweat shops, just different colored plastic covers..

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                                Her name is chickanic.

She puts out some good vids, how to repair small engines.
                                Think she's the one that pointed out why so many homeowners have problems with sthil weedeaters. They're running a machine a little bit a week when it's meant to be ran 8 hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X