Talk to your kids about Fentanyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    I think Mad is right. As I understand it, the actual amount required to kill someone is tiny. Aspirin sized. Am I way off base?
    Yep, look at post 16.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
      Most start with alcohol
      Beer good, since 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        Yep, look at post 16.
        Different amounts kill different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Someone can quote me if I am inaccurate but I believe I read that there has been enough seized coming across the border to wipe out half of the U.S.? I do know that Lauren Boebert (R-CO) introduced a bill to declare it a weapon of mass destruction.

I wouldn't be suprised if we don't start seeing deaths caused by laced foods and the likes

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
          All you have to do is touch this stuff and it can kill you. I read an article the other day where somebody stuffed a napkin laced with this crap in a woman's car door handle she was poisoned when she pulled it out.
          One of our narcotics deputies almost died from contacting it. While undercover, the deputy bought cocaine in a bag. She passed out in the parking lot during a debrief.

2 shots of narcan saved her. All she did was take a bag that came into contac with fentynal.

The car door deal hasn't been confirmed as fentynal but I would not be surprised

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          That doesn't make any sense, not if you're a dealer with clientele you want to keep.
          Doesn't make sense from a point of use or cost perspective.
          You cut things to make more money.
          Fentynal is probably the most expensive cut you could buy.
          Or maybe I missing something, but the urban myths of dealers cutting such and such with such and such, goes back to the 60s.
          There are very small isolated incidents where something was mixed with something for whatever reason and people died, but dealers aren't running around cutting everything with Fentynal.
          It would only make sense with heroin really, and even still it's not cost effective.
          Coke it would enhance, but you would have to sale it for twice the normal price, you would most likely kill off your customer base in the first week, and you would be broke lol.
          Not to mention, they would be on to you, after the first hit.
          Everything else it would really make no sense.
          Very small? I'm just one guy and personally investigated 4 death's in a month that turned out to be dope cut with it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is very true. I was listening to the latest Jocko podcast and the interviewed person mentioned 108,000 people died from opiates last year, with fentanyl being the prime driver. That’s ridiculous and scary. My kids are very young, but I’ll be talking to them about the dangers of drugs as much as I can. My wife and I discussed our approach this weekend while going out to lunch. So many lives are being ruined by drugs, it’s criminal.

Comment

The thing is the Democrats cannot address this fentanyl issue without addressing the border. And mentioning anything about the border will get your hand slapped right now as they desperately need as many immigrants as possible to come across for the fundamental change that is happening in America right now.

Comment

That doesn't make any sense, not if you're a dealer with clientele you want to keep.
                Or maybe I missing something, but the urban myths of dealers cutting such and such with such and such, goes back to the 60s.
                There are very small isolated incidents where something was mixed with something for whatever reason and people died, but dealers aren't running around cutting everything with Fentynal.
                It would only make sense with heroin really, and even still it's not cost effective.
                Coke it would enhance, but you would have to sale it for twice the normal price, you would most likely kill off your customer base in the first week, and you would be broke lol.

With an addict mentality they want the best high they can get . When they find out someone had OD on a suppliers supply the flock to them . I have a few relatives that are in recovery. That is how they have all explained it to me .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  I think Mad is right. As I understand it, the actual amount required to kill someone is tiny. Aspirin sized. Am I way off base?

Pure Fentanyl the size of an aspirin can kill several people

Comment

It’s scary for sure, I have two in junior high and with this stuff almost looking like candy you have to tell your kids don’t put anything in your mouth period.
                    I have read some stuff about it being China shipping the ingredients to cartels and cartels producing and smuggling into US to try and kill off a lot of fighting age young men. If that’s anywhere close to the truth……

Comment

Depends on where you get it from. When most dealers buy fentynal it's already been stepped on several times unless they have a good plug.

They add they fentynal to increase the perceived potency of whatever they're selling. If you're selling heroin, your buyers want a near death experience when they shoot up. That's what they think is good ****.
                      When you add it to fake Xanax or Ecstasy pills, not so much.

Everything I have tested now has fentynal in it, except for weed, coke and crystal.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a 19 year old kid come in to the hospital two weeks ago because he “wasn’t acting right.” Was on the way to church with his friends. Admitted to smoking fentanyl. We kept him for a couple of hours until he sobered up and released him. Found him 10 minutes later in the bathroom passed out and not breathing. Narcaned him and put him ICU. He left the next day. Two days later he OD’d again and died. 19 years old.

My best friend’s kid got hooked on it last year as a freshman in college. Country club type kid. Got kicked out of school for selling drugs and went downhill fast. Couple months later him and a buddy broke into a guys house looking for stuff to steal and murdered a guy. Judge denied bail and he is going to spend the rest of his life in prison.

This drug is a killer.
                        Talk to your kids about it.

Comment

Cartels had China chemist come and teach them how to make fentanyl. The cartel get the precursor chemicals from China (Triad-China's cartel) and China's government to make fentanyl and then the cartel mass produce counterfeit pills laced with fentanyl. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is man made with ingredients from China, so the fentanyl can be made anywhere. They are targeting kids-teenagers-young adults, really anyone with cash. They get to these individuals by contact per person to person, using apps and the big platforms of today flooded with kids/young adults. They use apps to target large gatherings such as concerts, Mardi Gras, spring break, vacation destinations etc. selling what individuals think are Percocet, Adderall, Oxycontin, Xanax. They are selling it through the mail daily as well. Our government could put a huge dent in their operation with all of the intel the US has by using drones/drone strikes. They are terrorist and should be treated like terrorist yet, they can come across the border with ease and murder, kidnap, rape and steal knowing that just crossing back into Mexico they will more than likely never be caught or sought after unless returning back into the states. Their government is not going to do anything, half of them are on the payroll or will be taken out.

Comment

The new crack....destroys lives and families. Addiction is real and many on this site have been affected. I doubt anything concrete will happen as nothing happened when herion entered the country club neighborhoods. Oddly, more prisons were built in the 80s to incarcerate a generation of poor urban folks ........not gonna happen to this segment. Prayers for all, as this is another blemish on our long history of personal addiction.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              The new crack....destroys lives and families. Addiction is real and many on this site have been affected. I doubt anything concrete will happen as nothing happened when herion entered the country club neighborhoods. Oddly, more prisons were built in the 80s to incarcerate a generation of poor urban folks ........not gonna happen to this segment. Prayers for all, as this is another blemish on our long history of personal addiction.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I’ve heard fentanyl described by heroin users as “heroin on heroin”.

Comment

Scary stuff… God help us

Comment

Working...
                                X