What handguns do you hunt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What handguns do you hunt with?

These are my Dan Wesson hunting guns. What do you like to hunt with?
    Attached Files

Dan Wesson 6” revolver in 357mag. I killed lots of deer with it before I started bow hunting

Comment

Custom built REM XP-100 in .45-70 Govt 13” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an old Ruger Blackhawk .357. Shot several deer with it. My son shot A javelina down at Chap with it. 30 yards, open sights.

Comment

Dan Wesson 44 revolver & glock 10 mm.

Comment

S&W 44 win mag, this weapon will blow a lung out.FJB

Comment

I have never “hunted” with a pistol, but I have been in the woods with one on my hip. When I turned 18 I bought myself a Ruger P85. I still carry it to this day. I had the opportunity to shoot a buck during the season when I was out working on my feeder. I looked up and saw antlers moving through the woods. All I had on me was my pistol. I followed the buck until I had a broadsided shot opportunity at 40 yards. Made a heart shot on him, and he went about 30 more yards and fell dead. Only time I’ve ever tried to kill a deer with a pistol. This was many years ago back when folks shot anything with an antler on it, and everyone was proud of them. This 8 pointer was my biggest buck by far at the time. I was somewhere in my 20’s. Someone snapped a pic with me and my two boys. They turn 30 and 26 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-20-2022, 04:48 AM.

Comment

AntlerCollector that is a great picture! My boys are 27 and 24 and we have our share of “shoot anything with horns” pics but that is a good buck in your pic.

I’ve killed a handful of deer with various contender pistols and one with a Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag,

All at bow hunting ranges.

Comment

[ATTACH]1099260[/ATTACH]

Here lately I been throwing this one in my pack when I head out to my bow blind. I really want to take a hog with it. It is a Colt Officers Model made in 1909 with a 7 1/2 barrel, its an old reblue gun but has a good bore and locks up tight. It will cut holes at 25 yards with a copper plated 148 gr wadcutter. They are rocking at 800 FPS

Comment

Comment

Ruger Super RedHawk
                      .454 Casull

Comment

S&W model 19 with a 6" barrel and a SA 45 ACP Range Officer. Bought the model 19 in 1983 to take on my 2nd elk hunt when I was 24.

Comment

Colt Anaconda 44 mag with 8 in barrel

Comment

I have several , colt python, colt king cobra, colt anaconda. but i have always been a 10mm fanatic so I mostly carry one of my 10mm's and it is usually my Kimber Custom
                            Attached Files

Comment

41 mag for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X