Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Mike, I like you. You've always seemed like a good dude. And you opened it up for discussion, so I'm gonna tell you....You hung on too long to that last one, trying to make it work and took a blow to your ego, but that's in the past. It's done and you don't have to hang on to that crap.

The absolute best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. And don't give me that "I'm not a one-night stand kinda guy" crap. You don't have to be. You also don't have to be alone. You also don't have to date old women. You also don't have to be picky. Women are attracted to confident men. If that confident man also has a personality it's a bonus.

You ain't gonna find anyone to love you until you love you, brother. You're a successful businessman, you're a great Dad, you're a good American and you care about others. You gotta love you some Mike! You gotta get Mike a date. You gotta get Mike someone to talk to. And yes, you gotta get Mike laid. According to the previous thread about sexless marriage, you're having the same amount of sex as most TBHers....NONE. That ain't healthy, bro. Men aren't made to be celibate. We're made to be strong, virile and to know what we want and to go get it.

And don't you dare turn down those big girls. You have no idea how hard they'll work to keep you happy. You don't have to get married again, but you gotta get back in the game. Bench riders with sad stories aren't legends, Mike. Be a ****ing legend!
    That's exactly what I was going to type but he beat me to it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      **** after reading that I'm read to run through a brick wall nekkid with my ****** in my hand helicoptering!!!..
      LOL! Dear Lord baby Jesus..please help us to unsee that visual before we attempt to sleep tonite!

(pm'd ya Mr. Smart)

Comment

Words of wisdom!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
          LOL! Dear Lord baby Jesus..please help us to unsee that visual before we attempt to sleep tonite!

(pm'd ya Mr. Smart)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

**** after reading that I'm read to run through a brick wall nekkid with my ****** in my hand helicoptering!!!..
            You really did not need to share that but….

Comment

Mike, I remember meeting you and your kiddos on a fishing trip with a few of our TBH crazies, and thought you were a nice guy…just quiet, passive and shy. When you posted about what your now ex wife was doing, I wanted to express my opinion, but I didn’t. You provided the stability your kids needed, and they will love you for that even if they don’t know how to express that now. You made sacrifices, that most of us would not make, for your kids. I applaud you for that.

I can’t give you any better advice than Curt did. It’s time to start living your life. Don’t rush it, and don’t jump into another marriage until you KNOW it it the one. Play around and gain your confidence back. Have fun and see what happens. Find someone who has a good heart and will love you for who you are.

Spoke from somebody who hasn’t dated anyone but my wife in over 58 years, so what do I know? 🤔😩😬

Comment

Mods, please delete Smart’s post!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  You really did not need to share that but….

Your sense of humor meter is broke...

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    Well, I cant really argue with any of that. I appreciate it, and I do see now how much the last few years have brought me down. At this point I should be living the dream, in a lot of ways I already am, I just need to capitalize on it more!

I definitely feel that the lack of.....relations.....has added unnecessary tension. Gotta break out of this funk.

You got this, Bud. I asked Jennie if I could be your wingman for a couple of days just to get you going. She said, "NO".

Comment

No joke. I’m so pumped I just sent an email to a divorce lawyer so I can use Curt’s advice. I’m confident with a great personality, the rest of me......i’ll work on getting more confidence.

Comment

Mike, I like you. You've always seemed like a good dude. And you opened it up for discussion, so I'm gonna tell you....You hung on too long to that last one, trying to make it work and took a blow to your ego, but that's in the past. It's done and you don't have to hang on to that crap.

The absolute best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. And don't give me that "I'm not a one-night stand kinda guy" crap. You don't have to be. You also don't have to be alone. You also don't have to date old women. You also don't have to be picky. Women are attracted to confident men. If that confident man also has a personality it's a bonus.

You ain't gonna find anyone to love you until you love you, brother. You're a successful businessman, you're a great Dad, you're a good American and you care about others. You gotta love you some Mike! You gotta get Mike a date. You gotta get Mike someone to talk to. And yes, you gotta get Mike laid. According to the previous thread about sexless marriage, you're having the same amount of sex as most TBHers....NONE. That ain't healthy, bro. Men aren't made to be celibate. We're made to be strong, virile and to know what we want and to go get it.

And don't you dare turn down those big girls. You have no idea how hard they'll work to keep you happy. You don't have to get married again, but you gotta get back in the game. Bench riders with sad stories aren't legends, Mike. Be a ****ing legend!

Incredibly spot on!

Comment

. I don’t know the back story some are mentioning, but I like how you know who you are.

The only advice I can offer is that this is real and you need to watch it twice:

Comment

You got this, Bud. I asked Jennie if I could be your wingman for a couple of days just to get you going. She said, "NO".
                            Shocked

She is probably just trying to protect your reputation

Comment

Schedule a dream hunt, whatever that may be

Comment

Curt gave solid advice. He left out to get a vasectomy asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X