Medical bills -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So....Is a person considered a lib if they negotiate the exorbitant out of pocket down and then pays the negotiated amount
    after insurance pays their part?

Asking for a friend.
    If they have insurance then it is cut and dried - you pay your deductible. Then if there is co-insurance you pay a percentage (usually 20%) and insurance pays the difference (usually 80%) until you reach your out of pocket maximum. At that point your insurance pays 100% - it all starts over at the first of each year.

There is NO NEGOTIATED AMOUNT if you have insurance coverage - EVERY insurance policy there is outlines exactly what your deductible is, your co-insurance, and your out of pocket maximum
    Last edited by Huntingfool; 08-13-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post

Now that makes sense. No cost to illegals and the lazy!
      that has nothing to do with this thread - if you are a citizen of the USA then you have the choice whether to have health insurance or not - if you don't then you pay the consequence
      Last edited by Huntingfool; 08-13-2022, 07:13 PM.

Comment

So....Is a person considered a lib if they negotiate the exorbitant out of pocket down and then pays the negotiated amount
        after insurance pays their part?

Asking for a friend.

Exactly….just because you negotiate a better deal, in my opinion, makes you a smart individual and you can still vote for TRUMP.
        I personally have to disagree with $35 each Tylenol from a hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
          that has nothing to do with this thread
          Still waiting for this NO COST insurance link! Crickets.. No depending on income crap. Post it up! Waiting!

Comment

If they have insurance then it is cut and dried - you pay your deductible. Then if there is co-insurance you pay a percentage (usually 20%) and insurance pays the difference (usually 80%) until you reach your out of pocket maximum. At that point your insurance pays 100% - it all starts over at the first of each year.

There is NO NEGOTIATED AMOUNT if you have insurance coverage - EVERY insurance policy there is outlines exactly what your deductible is, your co-insurance, and your out of pocket maximum

That's horse****.... Folks negotiate the out of pocket medical bills (not including deductibles) they receive all the time after insurance pays their part.
            Last edited by Smart; 08-13-2022, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
              Still waiting for this NO COST insurance link! Crickets.. No depending on income crap. Post it up! Waiting!
              If you could read I posted in this thread where the exchange is -

Comment

That's horse****.... Folks negotiate the out of pocket medical bills they receive all the time after insurance pays their part.
                I have been in the medical insurance business for 42 years - you are wrong - if they do NOT have insurance then they can negotiate the bills - hospitals and doctors who accept your insurance will bill you for the difference that your insurance policy pays - it is a legal contract

anyway I say uncle - cannot help folks who are not willing to help themselves - I am out
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Huntingfool; 08-13-2022, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I have been in the medical insurance business for 42 years - you are wrong - if they do NOT have insurance then they can negotiate the bills - hospitals and doctors who accept your insurance will bill you for the difference that your insurance policy pays - it is a legal contract

anyway I say uncle - cannot help folks who are not willing to help themselves - I am out

Well considering I do it with insurance, you are wrong... I've been in the "needing medical insurance" business for 53 years.

Comment

Your full of ****. I have insurance and negotiate every single claim I’ve ever had and it significantly had it reduced. Post up that link for No Cost insurance for everyday working folks. No “depending on income” BS. You said it was there…waiting.

Comment

When we let insurance companies into the medical fields we were screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        When we let insurance companies into the medical fields we were screwed.
                        Exactly!!! Why do we need a middle man to pay medical bills? Big insurance and doctor bills??? Travesty. I think I know he answer. Escalades, Key West and politics. And now Big Insurance companies have screwed up the housing market as well.

Comment

I may ruffle some feathers with this but lets talk some reality and truth here.

Many post here about folks talking about and advising how to NOT PAY their medical bills. Many Post about how to get out of paying a hospital or doctors for services you received. Either you don't pay or you just pay a little.

If you did not take care of YOUR business and find some health insurance then that is on you. I posted multiple times here that anyone now days can find health insurance for very low cost or even NO COST if you take the time to research the health insurance exchange - there is no excuse now days for not having health insurance - period.

But when you do not pay your medical bills then guess what? The cost for everyone else goes up - those of us that pay our bills end up paying more because you did not pay YOUR bill. You wonder why hospital and doctors fees are huge? Because folks like some of you do not pay your bills.

Apparently this is the way of the world today - ridiculous

Rant over

*Note - I'm not arguing. Just looking for answers.

Reality for my family as of 6+ years ago whenever we were forced into health insurance was we made too much money. We ended up with Medi-Share. Before that we paid cash including our daughters birth. Even her being born(plus the entire year) was cheaper than buying health insurance for a year.

So now we don't make too much in 2022 but pretty sure we "made" too much in 2021 due to stock market. Last I looked insurance costs were stupid high when you make too much..You know like mega rich earning 65k or so

So insurance costs go 3x or more and you say it's the individuals fault for not buying it? And to act like it's all cut and dry once you have it done broke my BS meter needle. We helped my sister through her brain surgery and it was near impossible (I had a thread a couple years ago on that one).

So what does insurance cost for a family of 3 now? Last I checked it was over $1k per month with a 8-10k deductible. That's $22,000 out of pocket if pretty much anything happens. 12k + if nothing happens.

You had to expect at some point the people paying into the system would revolt and not pay. How much can they give away for free while doubling the working mans cost before they say screw this crap. How can you blame them? Hard to fathom you watching the government giving healthcare scott free to illegals and the 30-40% of Americans who don't/won't work but then acting like it's the working mans fault for not paying sky high prices.

But if I could get health insurance for a decent price without a stupid high deductible that actually pays up when needed I'd get it.

Comment

But if I could get health insurance for a decent price without a stupid high deductible that actually pays up when needed I'd get it.

Good luck with that! Let me know when you find it. I enjoy your quick wit and banter by the way. PS….I don’t really wonder who you work for. I’m a equal opportunity fire stoker myself!

Comment

I didnt stay in the Holiday Inn last night, but

$50 a month to pay stupid inflated hospital bill vs $1000 a month for insurance seems like a no brainer.

Comment

Y'all know any couples that make decent enough money but aren't married and keep having kids?

It'll make you mad. Single moms get all the medicaid

Comment

Working...
                                X