No announcement yet.

Happy Thursday…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the transmission out a few minutes ago and torque converter almost ready to put the seal in. Long project but not overly difficult so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks heavy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If that jeep has a 3.6l, keep an eye on the oil cooler. I have put several on the ram trucks with that engine. When they leak, it runs from the valley of the engine down onto the bell housing also. The failures on the trucks we have are due to excessive idling with these high temps lately.

Comment

Originally posted by blfx4 View Post
          If that jeep has a 3.6l, keep an eye on the oil cooler. I have put several on the ram trucks with that engine. When they leak, it runs from the valley of the engine down onto the bell housing also. The failures on the trucks we have are due to excessive idling with these high temps lately.

Well I wish to god I would have known about the oil cooler issue… turns out that’s what it was lol.

So now I will do that too.

Comment

S box chronicles: If it's leaking oil it has oil! yee yee

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              S box chronicles: If it's leaking oil it has oil! yee yee

For sure! But this was more than a leak lol

Comment

I am sorry that happened to you. I wish I would have saw the the post sooner. We have had quite a few over the summer leak and it leaks down the bell housing just like a rear main. I don’t know if there are certain years that are more prone than others. Most of ours have been 2016 to 2018s. Make sure you are careful when installing the upper intake plenum. Be sure to torque the intake, those screws go into plastic. The torque spec is 89 inch lbs, which isn’t much.
                Last edited by blfx4; 08-13-2022, 05:48 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by blfx4 View Post
                  I am sorry that happened to you. I wish I would have saw the the post sooner. We have had quite a few over the summer leak and it leaks down the bell housing just like a rear main. I don’t know if there are certain years that are more prone than others. Most of ours had been 2016 to 2018s. Make sure you are careful when installing the upper intake plenum. Make sure you torque the intake, those screws go into plastic. The torque spec is 89 inch lbs, which isn’t much.

Thanks I appreciate it. I’ve been watching what I thought was a rear main leak for a while and I just started puking so I assumed it was that. I couldn’t find oil up high until today. No worries it’s not hard it’s just all time consuming.

Comment

Working...
                  X