No announcement yet.

Quit Copenhagen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a good friend pass from mouth cancer. A rough way to go. Op, good for you.

Comment

Good for you sir! Keep it up!

Comment

Good luck and good thoughts!

Comment

Good luck. 37 year habit here. Quit 6 years ago. Hard to do but worth it.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! I traded a 24 year can a day cope habit for On Nico pouches 2 years ago. I tell myself they are better for me than Cope, but I need to quit this garbage to!

Comment

Good job! I quit several times and started back, but the last time (5 years ago) I used Smokey Mountain. Still use it if I get the urge, especially when fishing and hunting.

Comment

Good luck. I quit a can a day habit over 25 years ago. As others have said the desire never goes away. My mouth waters any time I smell it. The desire does get easier. I will never put another dip in my mouth because quitting sucks so much. One of the best decisions I ever made.

Comment

I quit a few times over the years but kept falling back to it after a few months until one morning on the way to church I forgot to stop and get another can. While at church I ask god to let this day be the day I never jones for it again. I guess he was listening because I didn’t crave that day or anytime in the 5 year since. Good luck to ya

Comment

Congrats and stick with it! I dipped 30 plus years and off now for 6. I did cold turkey once and 1.5 yrs into it, I slipped on a cold morning hunting. I stopped got a can and I was back on it. Tried cold turkey again and did not make it. I used Smokey Mountain this last time and I'm for good now. Just dont make the mistake I did. As said, it is much better without it.

Comment

I stopped alcohol and tobacco around the same time a couple years ago and I miss dipping for sure, but I don't want my kids thinking tobacco use is cool, stay strong...u got this
                      Last edited by talleywack97; 08-13-2022, 08:06 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Man I started dipping and chewing at age 14 and stopped at 42. That was 14 years ago and I still find my self wanting one after a meal or long drive on when hunting and fishing. You have to get mad to it and not let it beat you. Cold turkey was how I quit. Good luck and you can do this.

Comment

Congrats! I know its not an easy thing to do!

Comment

Congratulations, I quit Copenhagen in 2014. Still have friends and family that dip, and when they open it I get to craving it. Much better off since I quit. My stepdad dipped a can a day sometimes more and quit cold turkey three years ago. Never thought I’d see him quit but he said he’s better off without it. I miss it, but it just isn’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The hardest part for me is when people around me are doing it. Tooth picks helped me a ton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit for about 8 months, had a stressful day at work and bought a can. Been back on it for a few months. Still mad at myself for doing that. The dreams and seeing someone pull out a can are the worse during those first few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X