Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Chicken ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
    That’s good if they turn out to be Orpington’s after all. We are 1 step away from getting rid of the rooster. He’s overly aggressive and I’m about tired of it. We got him a bachelor pad to keep him from the hens and we rotate when they free range. If it were t for my wife he’d be gone already.

He gets after the dogs and the cat. Has charged and bit my 16yo and bit my wife the other day when she was feeding him from her hand. He stopped eating the scratch, stood there looking at her wrist and then bit her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i have a rooster that was beginning to get aggressive, until i kicked him in the face one day. since then he's been pretty docile towards me. to be clear, i wasn't going for a 50 yard field goal with the kick, it was more like a slap on the wrist kind of thing that just caught him right across the beak.

Comment

A beer can up his ***, and about 5 hours of smoke, will gentle him right down…

Comment

I’m curious what color eggs we will get.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
          i have a rooster that was beginning to get aggressive, until i kicked him in the face one day. since then he's been pretty docile towards me. to be clear, i wasn't going for a 50 yard field goal with the kick, it was more like a slap on the wrist kind of thing that just caught him right across the beak.

Funny you say that. I gave him a good kick this morning when he was getting after our Aussie. Since then he has been staying away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
            You are correct.
            Both wrong. No way they are white leghorns. That I'm sure of.

Comment

Ideal 231?

Comment

This!!
                Originally posted by Bish View Post
                Well been a country boy for 65yrs. and I'm going to say they are White leghorn.

God Bless
                Bish

Comment

No doubt about it. Those are chickens.

Comment

Donald Trumpet Chickens

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Top pic looks like a leghorn rooster.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        That’s good if they turn out to be Orpington’s after all. We are 1 step away from getting rid of the rooster. He’s overly aggressive and I’m about tired of it. We got him a bachelor pad to keep him from the hens and we rotate when they free range. If it were t for my wife he’d be gone already.

He gets after the dogs and the cat. Has charged and bit my 16yo and bit my wife the other day when she was feeding him from her hand. He stopped eating the scratch, stood there looking at her wrist and then bit her.

See post #4

Comment

Here are some pictures I just took of them. They are all getting this kind of light gold color on their heads and neck area.

Comment

I don’t think they are Orpington,at this age they should have the buff or lavender color .

Comment

Rooster looks like white leghorn to me. Never know what you get at TSC.

Comment

None are leghorns. I have them and they look nothing like these. You got some cross ups on color but these do not seem to not have enough feathers and legs are longer than standard Orpington's. Look more like Plymouth rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X