6.5 Grendel Ammo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
    Also a buddy used my rifle to kill an axis buck at 300 yards and dropped him in 1 shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where are y’all buying ammo at for a decent price?[/QUOTE]

I load mine. Academy has it every know and then

Comment

This is my night hunting rig…

Areo upper/lower
      CMC trigger
      Shilen match grade 5r 1:8 6.5G 16.5”
      Hybrid 46 suppressor
      Sight mark wraith

I wish it was a few pounds lighter but dang it shoots good!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        Where are y’all buying ammo at for a decent price?

I load mine. Academy has it every know and then[/QUOTE]

I set an alert for Natchez. Was quick enough to log on when they still had it in stock and managed to get a few boxes.

That’s a good looking stick as well. How does that sight mark work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
          I load mine. Academy has it every know and then
          I set an alert for Natchez. Was quick enough to log on when they still had it in stock and managed to get a few boxes.

That’s a good looking stick as well. How does that sight mark work for you?[/QUOTE]

It’s not thermal but for the money it’s great. I wish it had less magnification and a wider field of view but you can’t have everything. Very clear and holds zero properly.

Comment

Made a run to the farm and it was a target rich environment. Withen minutes I got on my first group of hogs about 15 or so. The grendel ate good! The middle and bottom pictures are from the first sounder both shot with 120gr eldm, obviously the one o shot in the eye didn’t run. I shot the boar on the run in the shoulder and he dropped. I also shot 2-3 more I did not recover.

Moved fields and got on another group close to the tree line shot 2 more one with a gold dot and one with a nosler BT both were bad shots and they made it in the woods. I did not go looking.

The first picture but last hog shot was shot with a gold dot. First one I’ve killed with it. Honestly not over impressed. It did drop her. Tried a 2fer gold dot entrance was high shoulder exit was perfect but the hole was pretty small and closed up.

All in all the grendel kills with what you feed it on a well placed shot. I probably saw 40-50 pigs shot a hand full. They’ll be back.

Comment

90 grain HP's or 95 grain v-max. I wouldn't shoot a heavy bonded bullet for coyotes. Less expansion and energy dump in a smaller animal will be the result. They'll die for sure but at night if you even have a coyote run 25 yards you may not find it if it's around any kind of thick cover at all.

Comment

After BFT’s posts and pictures I finally got a chance to try my Grendel shooting Hornady Black 123 ELD-M.

Wife shot a 75-100lb little boar hog square in the shoulder on the impact side, it exited on the off side just above the elbow.

Shot out of a Howa Mini around 100 yards. Very impressed with this bullet. Planning on hunting with this rifle/bullet this season.
                Attached Files

Comment

I built me a 6mm arc and has been a dedicated varmint rifle. I’ve shot 103gr Hornady ammo and everything we’ve shot has died including tons of pigs with the thermal on it. It does an absolute job on coyotes. But my Grendel does too. Only reason I’ve shot the arc more is because I find ammo for it more often then the Grendel.

Comment

Working...
                  X