Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone order an F250 lately?

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Update on my 22’ 7.3 F-250. Absolutely loving the truck. More than adequate power so far. Only have hoooed up to 5K lbs so far, for about 100 miles. The truck pulled well. I’m roughly 4300 miles in so far, and my mileage has improved. I’m consistently seeing 12-13 on the highway running 80-82, which isn’t bad at all for a gas truck this size. Today I made a 310 mile round trip, and decided to set the cruise at 70 on the highway since I didn’t have any rush. Overall for the trip at pump was 14.95 mpg. Lieometer registered 15.2. On the trip up there the lieometer registered 16.9, but I never verified that at the pump. There was also roughly 50 miles of in town driving involved in that figure. So not entirely highway.

I just don’t think I could ever do a gasser in a 3/4 ton. Glad y’all are liking them.

It’s like buying a mustang or Camaro with a V6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Black Ice; 07-21-2022, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I just don’t think I could ever do a gasser in a 3/4 ton. Glad y’all are liking them.

It’s like buying a mustang or Camaro with a V6.

I’ve felt the same way my whole life. I’ve had a few gasser 3/4 tons in work trucks that the company bought, and hated them with a passion. This 7.3 with 4.30 has changed my tune. If I still towed heavy I’d still be in a 6.7. This is perfect for what I do, and honestly much more pleasurable to drive daily. I despise stock diesel trucks. They’ve got endless power once boosts builds, but the initial lag is outrageous. Driving a few new stock diesels and I wanted out of them fast and back into my 17 fast. This 7.3 doesn’t have the as* when you hammer it that a diesel does, but it’s a much smoother and quicker to get rolling driving experience plus it moves very well.

Comment

Anyone order an F250 lately?

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        I’ve felt the same way my whole life. I’ve had a few gasser 3/4 tons in work trucks that the company bought, and hated them with a passion. This 7.3 with 4.30 has changed my tune. If I still towed heavy I’d still be in a 6.7. This is perfect for what I do, and honestly much more pleasurable to drive daily. I despise stock diesel trucks. They’ve got endless power once boosts builds, but the initial lag is outrageous. Driving a few new stock diesels and I wanted out of them fast and back into my 17 fast. This 7.3 doesn’t have the as* when you hammer it that a diesel does, but it’s a much smoother and quicker to get rolling driving experience plus it moves very well.

I drove a 21 with a PedalMonster and it seemed to help with the lag. Plan on getting one for my truck once I start to drive it.

Got my truck in April and put 900 miles on it so far. I filled it up one time and said F that[emoji23].

Comment

I drove a 21 with a PedalMonster and it seemed to help with the lag. Plan on getting one for my truck once I start to drive it.

Got my truck in April and put 900 miles on it so far. I filled it up one time and said F that[emoji23].

I’ve wanted to try one, but have never known anyone with a PedalMonster or PedalCommander. I could live with the power they make easily, but that lag is killer. Also cause less tires life for me haha

Comment

Maybe we got lucky but the 7.3 in wife's truck will roll sideways from a stop if you want. 70 to quit passing is pretty quick also

It's got way more power than either of the big v8 chevys I drive. And I'm by far a Ford guy. It's the first one we've ever owned

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Maybe we got lucky but the 7.3 in wife's truck will roll sideways from a stop if you want. 70 to quit passing is pretty quick also

It's got way more power than either of the big v8 chevys I drive. And I'm by far a Ford guy. It's the first one we've ever owned

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Oh it’s got plenty of power. It moves very well, which is why I’m happy with it. Just not the same as a tuned 6.7 or even a stock 20+ 6.7. It’s a more pleasant experience though, as it doesn’t need to build boost to move out of its own way.

Comment

Finally got the email yesterday. Truck is built, expected delivery to dealer 8-2 to 8-8. So we will see. Ordered 12-31-21

Comment

Shooot, I got my truck June 24 and I’m already 4300 miles deep…

Loving the power, but still getting used to this shift schedule… when i go to pass it still feels like it slips sometimes when really it’s just skipshifting… maybe a tune would feel better.

But like mentioned above, 0-70 is buttery smooth and very often I forget to get out of the carburetor and don’t look down until 80 or 85 [emoji1787]

Mileage is coming up… was 12.5 for my first tank, I’m up to 14.1 on my last tank. I think just breaking it in the mileage will continue to creep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just got back from a 1200 mile journey with our travel trailer in my 2022. 7.3. It is different than my 2019 6.7 but I love it. Gets about 2 less mpg than my diesel did, but the thing was a beast pulling in the mountains in NM. It is very shifty in the mountains but between 3500-4000rpm it screams. From Houston to Red River was mostly in 8th gear. Wouldn’t shift to 9th or 10th unless rolling down hill. I was not impressed with the 2017 6.4 2500 Ram I had at all, but this 7.3 is pretty dam impressive. City driving and regular highway it is smooth and comfortable. It was kind of odd shifting when I first got it, but now seems to have smoothed out. Everything I read said it had to learn itself on shifting. It now has about 3500 miles on it.

Comment

My good friend got his KR 2022 in. Dealer offered him 5k not to pay ake it.

Comment

I was able to get the window sticker for my truck on Friday and have a build date of the week of 8/1. Looks like it is getting closer to being a reality.

My sticker price did not match my original order price from the dealer. Will they honor the original quote? Anyone else have this happen?

Comment

I just picked up a 22 F150 which was ordered in Feb from Ryan Ford and they honored the original price. It was 3k difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                            I was able to get the window sticker for my truck on Friday and have a build date of the week of 8/1. Looks like it is getting closer to being a reality.

My sticker price did not match my original order price from the dealer. Will they honor the original quote? Anyone else have this happen?
                            I have a build date of 8/8 i called salesman and asked him about changing something. He said he could do it, but i am locked in on price when i ordered in Feb, he said if i resubmit, I will lose the locked in price. Told him to leave it the same. I can't see window sticker yet, so not sure what it says

Comment

Thank you both for the info. I'll post my results after receiving the truck. I bought my 2018 F250 from the same dealer and they were solid on the first deal. My 2018 salesman has retired and the salesman that took my order no longer works at the dealership which has me a little uneasy.

Rick, my VIN popped up the Friday before of the week it was scheduled for production. I was able to track the truck off the email from Ford on the production date...

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post

It all depends on your dealer. If you got a good dealer they will honor the price because you should be price protected. Some dealers don’t give a dam though.

Comment

Working...
                                X