Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! Hopefully I'll be able to make it happen
    A long time ago, like about 40 years, a friend shipped some frozen stuff by Greyhound. He had it frozen and in an ice chest. It was put it in with the regular cargo and baggage under the seating area. I know that Greyhound still does shipping.

I don’t know if they still ship frozen cargo however. It was not cheap but it was much cheaper than air freight. I believe it had to be shipped to an actual Greyhound terminal and not just a ticket/boarding station in some cities.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      Don’t ever ship, always fly with it. It’s always much cheaper.

This. A decent quality cooler packed with frozen meat will still be frozen when you get to your destination if it’s somewhat on time. I wrap each package in newspaper. I have even used cheap plastic totes from Walmart to bring back elk meat from Montana on a plane with dry ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always bought smaller coolers wherever I was, packed them with 50 pounds of frozen meat and checked them as luggage. I used to give away a lot of coolers!

Comment

I have flown from New Orleans to Kansas with a styrofoam cooler full of fish. Airports at these destinations are used to it and are usually very helpful.

I once paid to have fished shipped from Venice, and got my feelings hurt on the cost.

Put it on the plane.

Comment

Also note that checking the bag is capped at 100lb, not 50lb. Over 50lbs comes with the oversized luggage fee tagged to it, over 100lbs they will deny flying it. Atleast this is my experience.

Comment

Working...
            X