X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 LR in the ear hole

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      On 100 acres shoot a pig within a sounder with loudest rifle you have. They'll scatter for a month or two and the other animals will come back within a few days.
      I can agree with this based on personal experience. My cousin killed two pigs within a few seconds once they hit the feeder and they never came back for at least a month.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

You worry too much about other critters

I had neighbors shooting tannerite 100yds from me a couple of years ago and a doe in the field that barely took notice

.22 is not running anything out of the country that is not being shot AT.

But if you want to justify a big bore airgun, suppressor or just a reason to buy another gun then go right ahead

Comment

I regularly shoot hogs underneath a feeder with a suppressed 17 HMR. Drops em like rocks, and I can usually shoot 2-3 before the run off. Even then they just kinda slowly scatter and never get in a hurry or real scared. The deer don’t even do that. I prefer it over 22 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            I can agree with this based on personal experience. My cousin killed two pigs within a few seconds once they hit the feeder and they never came back for at least a month.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I usually put them to sleep with my .308 but was trying to find a way not to ruin my buddies hunt as well since most times we are hunting simultaneously. But I agree, this has worked for us in the past. I might just have to make a trip before season and get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              You worry too much about other critters

I had neighbors shooting tannerite 100yds from me a couple of years ago and a doe in the field that barely took notice

.22 is not running anything out of the country that is not being shot AT.

But if you want to justify a big bore airgun, suppressor or just a reason to buy another gun then go right ahead

These are the most skiddish deer you will ever encounter

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Get some crap arrows and crappy broadheads and put in front of their back legs.

With arrows they will just scatter and come back the next day after one of there buddies goes down. I’m trying to either get multiple shots on multiple pigs or like others suggested scare them away for awhile.

Comment

Warfarin

Comment

Originally posted by Gilly View Post
                    I usually put them to sleep with my .308 but was trying to find a way not to ruin my buddies hunt as well since most times we are hunting simultaneously. But I agree, this has worked for us in the past. I might just have to make a trip before season and get it done.

I once sat in my truck drinking whiskey shooting rabbits with my .17hmr all evening while it rained. After about 10 rabbits I shot an 8pt(with deer rifle) that wanted to see what was going on lol.

Comment

You can buy a lot of arrows, compared to a suppressed rifle.

Comment

If you are worried about noise then don't hunt them at all.
                        At 100 acres I am assuming you are hunting close.
                        Hog's don't like any pressure at all. Bring a sling shot and any unnatural noise you make is gonna make them scarce.
                        Night time take a flashlight and quickly move it across the ground. The fast moving shadows will freak them out.

Comment

Working...
                        X