Black Bear Sighted in Duval County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t know if it’s been posted or not but was reading a clip from Texas fish and Game magazine and saw someone actually had a black bear on camera. This is the first I’ve heard of this. I know there was a couple in Webb and Zapata county but never herd of one this Far East. Other than East Texas.
    Attached Files

Clearly a bobcat

Bet that morning walk to the stand is hairy.
    Last edited by highspeed; 12-31-2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Yikes

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Link

Israel Hernandez was expecting to see deer on his trail camera on a hunting lease near San Diego, TX. After all, the region is known for its large-antlered and abundant whitetails. He was shocked h…

Comment

I dig it

Comment

Near San Diego? Hopefully it fairs better then the deer in Duvall county, poachers don’t discriminate down there, black or brown and it’s down
              And it’s been nearly 75 years since San Diego tx was known as a white tail Mecca

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                Near San Diego? Hopefully it fairs better then the deer in Duvall county, poachers don’t discriminate down there, black or brown and it’s down
                And it’s been nearly 75 years since San Diego tx was known as a white tail Mecca
                It’s coming around. I saw two deer ran over on side of the road on the way to Hebronville. One on 44 and another one on 359 south of the High School. Lol.

Comment

Nice, More hunting options.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post

We hunt about 20 minutes from San Diego and hunting has been better than most people think it is. We hunt 500 acres low fence and deer get better and better every year with proper management. I’m after this wide 8. He was there yesterday evening but I didn’t get to camp till after dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once they move in you will be praying for coons and pigs to return. Bears do way more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Once they move in you will be praying for coons and pigs to return. Bears do way more damage.

Gotta build bear proof feeders. Lol
                        I built this feeder for a buddy that hunts Arkansas. He sent me this pic. Thought it was pretty neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine just has a black bear on camera at his lease in Rocksprings.

Comment

His feeder looks plenty high a bear tore my buddy’s feeder up in Brewster

Comment

Continued black bear movement from Mexico to South Texas...guess that wall ain't workin to well.

Comment

Working...
                              X