Just bought a Jeep. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a Jeep. Now what?

So need some advice from you Jeep enthusiasts...

Thinking lift, wheels, tires.... then later front and rear bumpers... maybe some lights.

Below is a picture of my Jeep I just bought, the wrap I am going to put on it, (I’m a State Farm agent) and what I am envisioning I want the Jeep to look like.

My question is, what brand lift, wheels, and tires?

And while we’re at it, post some pics of your Jeep and tell me what you have done to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats

J - just
    E - empty
    E - every
    P - pocket

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
      Congrats

J - just
      E - empty
      E - every
      P - pocket

Same thing I was just going to post. Well worth it thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Now get to know the Jeep dealership service manager good!

Comment

Terafelx 2.5 or 3 inch for the lift and look at JCR Offroad for accessories.

Comment

we shall call it the Fire Engine!

Comment

Nice. Money does not stop after the purchase. Always something else to add.

Comment

That picture in the wrap doesn't look like your avatar pic. Transitioning? :-)

Weld a bunch of stuff on there and roll with it. That what I do with mine.

Comment

Let me roll it in a rock climbing competition!

Comment

What are you doing with it? Pavement only? Offroad? Offroad in mud or desert? If pavement, you can save yourself a ton of $ by going lighter duty.

Your suspension should be set up for the terrain you want to be good in. Every Jeep we set up (This is 10 years ago this year) was built for mud, and it was pretty heavy duty, and included gear swaps. If you are going desert, or pavement, I'd go significantly lighter duty. And usually got a 350 put in it.

Comment

Former 99 TJ owner.
                      Tires: Shy of turning it into a trailer queen with bead locks, Toyo MTs have really thick sidewalls for wheeling and puncture resistance. There's obviously a mileage and road noise tax to be paid. If it'll never seen any serious wheeling, BFG AT is a more gentle touch. Mind your gearing on tire size, and avoid wheel spacers.

Lift: My lift was a rubicon express.

Bumpers: ARB is a classy choice. Smittybilt XRC armor is a more flashy option

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter11 View Post
                        and while we’re at it, post some pics of your jeep and tell me what you have done to it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm about to be in the same boat. My wife wants that exact 4 door jeep to haul our 2 kiddo's around in. I am trying to convince her that we need something more like a Kia Telluride. Its for my own good.

Comment

Metalcloak. Will pay alittle more up front but quality components

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                              Same thing I was just going to post. Well worth it thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Myself as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X