No announcement yet.

Custom rattling horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hands always appreciate it when the brow tines are removed for rattling antlers. Those look good though!

Comment

I rattle with the right horn in my left hand (turned away) and the left horn in my right hand. I find if I keep the brow on the horn in my left hand and remove the other, it works for me. The brow sorta works as a shield from the other antler.

Comment

I use to rattle a lot of bucks in south TX with real set antlers like yours.
        Best thing I got is nip the tips bc it never fails when you try to mock a real buck fight you gotta get to hitting and scraping hard. I cant tell u how many times I got cut before I decided to blunt the tips...mostly the brows.
        Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          My hands always appreciate it when the brow tines are removed for rattling antlers. Those look good though!
          /\/\/\/\/\ This /\/\/\/\/\

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
            /\/\/\/\/\ This /\/\/\/\/\
            cut the eye guards off before ya beat yer hands/thumbs to pulp. Screaming like a girl during a rattling sequence is counter productive to actually rattling a buck in close.....

Comment

Looks good, thanks for posting, I might need to try this.

Comment

Set #2 just about done. I had to order more leather braid for the handles.

Comment

Where do I place my order?

Comment

Looks good man!

Comment

Order

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                      Where do I place my order?
                      I don’t think my work is worthy of compensation.....

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                        I don’t think my work is worthy of compensation.....
                        Don't sell yourself short! I think they look great. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Really like the look of those! You're giving me some ideas.

Comment

I was worried that the leather wrap would not stay attached. So far, it looks pretty good.

Some lessons learned. It would be great to have a belt sander to round the part of the antler where the leather wrap goes. All I have is some small, electric hand sanders and it does not get the job done. I might try my worksharp knife sharpener, but really need access to a knife maker with a commercial band sander to help with the sanding.

Comment

Those look pretty dang nice. Wish I was good at using those things. They would still make nice decorations.

Comment

Tried my hand at engraving. I’m not very artistic....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X