No announcement yet.

*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone post a map or model run of what is going to happen over the next couple of days?

Comment

Sounds like it’s going to get nasty over night again.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
        Sounds like it’s going to get nasty over night again.

Looking like rain most of tomorrow with freezing temps at night time thru Friday. Seems like a recipe for ice all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Looking like rain most of tomorrow with freezing temps at night time thru Friday. Seems like a recipe for ice all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Same here in sisterdale, nothing good till Saturday then thawing will start

Comment

In Austin and without power for 31 hours now. So far, no busted pipes, but we have just about every faucet dripping. House is holding inside temps in the 50s. Uncomfortable but manageable. Other than our security alarm going haywire all night, and listening to I-don’t-know-how-many faucets dripping, I’ll consider us lucky if this is all we have to contend with.

Still, I’m pi**ed. I’m tired, and I’m cold, and I’m ****** because these power outages are not due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control, they are a disaster of our own making. Currently, I’m laying most of the blame on our Mayor.

Comment

We’ve been without power for 34 hours. It’s 45 in the house. This is some bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                Can someone post a map or model run of what is going to happen over the next couple of days?
                Take your pic. Flip a coin. They could underperform or over perform for your specific area. Difficult to take everything into account for snowfall totals such as where convective bands/brightbanding may show up, SLR-what ratio the snow/liquid ratio might be, a warm nose if present, dry slot if present, axis of deformation, etc. All need to be taken into account and as evident in the first round of precip models have a difficult time sorting all this out. The further south you live of dfw the more likely you will see freezing rain and then taking longer to change over to sleet and then finally snow
                Attached Files

Comment

First it rained

Then it blew

Next it frizz

Then it SNEW!

Synopsis of a winter storm by GarGuy

Comment

The good thing is it will be in the 70’s by the time all the electricity is restored.

Comment

Got more accumulation at my place in Lubbock today than on Sunday. Front yard was practically bare this morning before the snow started, back to around 3” I’d guess.

Comment

Hurry up and warm up!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I need to kill some doe at the lease this week.[emoji3061] maybe Thursday I can get thru.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                            Take your pic. Flip a coin. They could underperform or over perform for your specific area. Difficult to take everything into account for snowfall totals such as where convective bands/brightbanding may show up, SLR-what ratio the snow/liquid ratio might be, a warm nose if present, dry slot if present, axis of deformation, etc. All need to be taken into account and as evident in the first round of precip models have a difficult time sorting all this out. The further south you live of dfw the more likely you will see freezing rain and then taking longer to change over to sleet and then finally snow
                            A couple of graphics by NWS

Click image for larger version

Name:	8A1BE291-93D3-404D-A67D-1BB559611DF7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	24644799

The areas I am concerned with is the areas in SE Texas in red. These areas have already been impacted by ice, then snow, add another 1/4-1/2” of ice could be disastrous

Comment

Went to HD today while roads were decent. Picked up 200 ft of pex pipe and about $150 of various sharkbite fittings. Ready for the thaw and hope it isn't too bad. Weekend should be fun.

Comment

What are we looking at for Montgomery county tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X