No announcement yet.

Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irrational exuberance or market starting to price in significant inflation? Energy stocks up huge and I was well positioned (after they had mostly traded sideways after the vaccine rally). It’s nice when an investment thesis plays out, but I’ve never had consecutive days like the last two I’ve had and these paper gains make me a little uneasy, even though I feel like we haven’t seen anything yet. Is cash trash? Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to election results in Georgia.
    Last edited by TwoHighways; 01-05-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
      Irrational exuberance or market starting to price in significant inflation? Energy stocks up huge and I was well positioned (after they had mostly traded sideways after the vaccine rally). It’s nice when an investment thesis plays out, but I’ve never had consecutive days like the last two I’ve had and these paper gains make me a little uneasy, even though I feel like we haven’t seen anything yet. Is cash trash? Will be interesting to see how the market reacts to election results in Georgia.
      There is still a ton of money sitting on the sidelines. Savings for the avg person is huge right now in comparison to where it has been for decades. That money is going to get put to work one way or the other by the end of this year. Outside of some of the stupid multiples on some of the high flyers, I dont think most stocks are over priced by irrational exuberance. Inflation, great earnings and more buyers are going to keep prices up, imo.

Comment

Several names I want to get into, but will involve me having to sell some positions in order to raise capital.

MSOS (US marijuana producers ETF)
        PPOW (ammo stock)
        SRAC (long term speculative merger play with space exploration company momentus)
        SHMP (shrimp aquaculture, waiting for reverse stock split and potential listing on NASDAQ)
        FCX (copper miner, already had a hell of a run though)
        Last edited by TwoHighways; 01-06-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

This morning will be fun watching the open.

Comment

Market has been stupid this week! And still more money to be made

Comment

It has been interesting so far this morning......The big tech names I own are mostly down but everything else is up. Overall, Im up nicely so far today. Im guessing having the Libs run EVERTHING with their RINO coherts means plenty of federal dollars flowing into the economy. Are the Libs looking to take apart the big tech guys? Why would they be down?

Comment

QS goin to the moon!!

Comment

cannabis stocks have been having a great day

Comment

EastXHunter, did you see this article yesterday?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/qs-inv...144700945.html

Comment

I’d buy the dip in gold miners. Will wait for a pullback before buying into marijuana and FCX. Going to ride smith&wesson on up to $25. Will trim some there, and hold remainder for $30

Comment

any good LNG companies out there for a long hold?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          It has been interesting so far this morning......The big tech names I own are mostly down but everything else is up. Overall, Im up nicely so far today. Im guessing having the Libs run EVERTHING with their RINO coherts means plenty of federal dollars flowing into the economy. Are the Libs looking to take apart the big tech guys? Why would they be down?
                          Big tech is very capital dependent and bond yields are spiking (Libs mean more debt) which means higher capital costs

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            Big tech is very capital dependent and bond yields are spiking (Libs mean more debt) which means higher capital costs
                            Dont Apple, Amazon, Google, etc have more cash than they know what to do with? I would think as prices climb they are just going to end up with more cash on the balance sheets. What am I missing?

Comment

antitrust legislation

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                                antitrust legislation
                                That's what I was thinking. I thought it was being pushed by the Repubs but I guess the Libs are in on it as well and can now get'r done because they control everything, especially with all the RINOs in Congress.

Comment

Working...
                                X