Buying vehicle across the country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying vehicle across the country?

I am trying to buy a vehicle 14 hours away from an individual. I am trying to just get the vehicle delivered to me. Everything seems to be on the up and up but still have concerns. What the best way to handle this purchase, how would you pay for it. My thought was when delivery guy had it on trailer I could wire funds to his account. Any ideas? If all else may just drive out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a used truck in Virginia from a dealership. They knocked off another $1000 to cover my travel. Flew up there, confirmed it was exactly what I wanted, and drove it home to TX. Was prepared to just waste travel dollars if truck not acceptable. Was relieved when it was 99% what I expected. Good luck!

Comment

My neughbor and buddy got a 6 month old Executive Range Rover , a 500 class Benz for his wife, a convertible Bentley and his kid a Audi A4 all in the last 2 years from all over the country. Flat bed shows up at his house like clockwork. I can see how he does it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d vote for drive out there. If the vehicle is what you’re expecting it to be pay the man & drive home. Just my .02.

I don’t need much of an excuse to road trip so that’s always my standard answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just bought a truck off Ebay couple of months ago and flew out and drove it back. Are you paying cash, wire transfer, etc. ?

Comment

If you feel it’s on the up and up send a cashiers check and call a vehicle transporter. Or go pick it up yourself. I’ve done both with two vehicle purchasers on eBay.

Comment

It’s a cash purchase, I guess my biggest issue isn’t the vehicle shape as it a off-road vehicle so I’m well aware it’s for bumps and bruises. The guys seems on up and up but in today’s world you just know there are scammers everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I knew a Dr.that got hosed for $25k.Thought he was buying a '72 Bronco..Had pics of it on the trailer,delivery guy,etc.Even had a pic of it in New Mexico.It never showed,and the dude cut off all contact.

Comment

Where is it located?

Comment

Uncle Mitchs rule of life number 3......BE PARANOID !! It keeps you safe !!
                    That being said, bought a vehicle last year (new) from a dealership sight unseen. Worked out perfect, but only would be tempted (personally) if I was purchasing a brand-new vehicle. Anything used, would hire a car inspection service or see it myself in person. But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                      I’d vote for drive out there. If the vehicle is what you’re expecting it to be pay the man & drive home. Just my .02.

I don’t need much of an excuse to road trip so that’s always my standard answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Agree 100 percent

Comment

The fact you have posted here tells me you're a little nervous. I'd ride out and inspect it.

Comment

I bought this 1980 Mercedes 450SL from a guy in Virginia...............
                          I called the nearest Mercedes dealer, and he gave me, the name of a
                          local auto inspector..... Cost me $150.... But, he emailed me a complete
                          report on the car.....Good and bad..........Worth every penny....Helped
                          me negoiate the price as well.......
                          It's my toy......

Click image for larger version

Name:	66344208-770-0@2X.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	24639322

Comment

If it's between Waxahachie,and Canada(near I-35)I can give the car/seller..A good look/read.

Comment

No way I would send money without kicking the tires in person, or with an independent inspector. Im not that trusting when it comes to money. I would make the trip.
                              I did buy a truck from a dealer in Idaho and it went very well. It was everything the dealer said and the deal went smooth...no lies. I drove out the trade and drove home the new truck. We love the road trips though and always make a vacation out of stuff like that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X