Men’s weekend 2020 deer steak recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men’s weekend 2020 deer steak recipe

Well we’ve killed the bucks we wanted to this year so I’m taking a group of guys and young sons out for a weekend of doe hunting, fellowship and a good time. Most the guys are not real experienced and wondering best way to introduce them to a deer steak, I normally salt pepper and eat. Anyone got anything special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh yea. Go to a good butcher and get 1/2 pound beef tenderloin steaks. Around $30.00 a pound. Cook to medium rare at the most.

They are called tender loins because they are.

Giving some away for Christmas................

Comment

Marinate 8 inch sections of backstrap in Italian dressing for 24 hours. Salt and pepper, wrap in bacon, and cook over hot mesquite coals to medium rare. Slice and serve. If they don't like it...don't invite them back.

Comment

Cant go wrong with fried backstrap. Some folks may be squimish eating deer meat rare or med rare. If you want a casserole type dish, I can give a recipe, just pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
          Marinate 8 inch sections of backstrap in Italian dressing for 24 hours. Salt and pepper, wrap in bacon, and cook over hot mesquite coals to medium rare. Slice and serve. If they don't like it...don't invite them back.
          Not seeing how this works - the deer would be done before the bacon no?

Comment

Get a ****load of beer for the men. Cooler of cokes and box of butterfingers for the boys and make a huge pot of deer chili. Simple and they way it should be.

Comment

Nothing special either backstrap or one of the muscles out of the rear quarter. Cut it season with salt/pepper or Uncle Chris’ Steak seasoning if ya wanna get fancy and grill it. Don’t over cook it so it’s still tender. Make some grilled veggies and coal baked potatoes and call it good. Kiddos eat the crap out of it and so do I. They didn’t start eating till this past year and now they look forward to it for dinner.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with battered and fried deer steak along with gravy and mashed potatoes. A little time-consuming and messy but one of the best ways to ear deer steak. Over the years I have cook this for many who thought it was chicken fried steak. Most of them didn’t were very surprised when I told them it was deer steak.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X