Scent control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent control

What methods do yall use for scent control I'm new to bow hunting and keep getting busted. I am washing my clothes in scent blocking soap and using cover sent. I try to set up with the right wind and still keep getting busted...

I use to be scent crazy, I took every precaution possible, now days I just try to take a shower at camp when I arrive in dead down wind body wash, and I spray down with dead down wind when I get out of my truck before I walk to the stand, I also attach a cedar cent wafer to my hat and spray my boots with cedar cover spray, and I pay attention to wind, I don't get busted often. I haven't heard a deer blow me yet this season.

Comment

Rubber boots, clean clothes in scent free soap. Playing the wind can't be stressed enough.

Comment

Smoke

Comment

Dead down wind and Merino Wool.. I've been 4 yards from a coyote sitting on the ground in some brush and had one walk up on me while climbing in my stand about 10 feet away.

Comment

I was my clothes in scent free detergent, and take a shower and wash my hair before a hunt. Then I spray down with scent eliminator and off I go.

Comment

Spray cover scent on the bottom of each boot to cover your trail and spray cover scent on your hat. I use coon urine (synthetic). Works great

Comment

Could very well be your cover scent thats getting you busted. Especially if its not a natural smell to the area. What cover scent are you using? Sometimes cover scents can do more harm then good. Maybe try just focusing on complete scent elimination and playing the wind right. Good luck man

Comment

Also scent shower and scent free clothes wash

Comment

Some guys consider vanilla to be a cover scent but I think it can be a strange smell to a deer. Raccoons are everywhere deer are, their urine will not be out of place

Comment

Scentlok suit, "autumn formula" scent spray (smells like fresh earth, I.e dirt.), and I break off cedar limbs when i start my walk in, break them up, and rub them all over my body. Make sure to get all your major scent areas extra good (underarms, crotch, head, legs, etc)

Comment

Get downwind, no scent

Comment

Shower using scent free body wash before each hunt. Dry off with towel washed in scent free detergent. Use scent free deodorant. Brush my teeth with warm water, no toothpaste.

Get dressed in the field, keeping clothes in a scent free tub. Wash clothes in scent free detergent every 2-3 hunts depending on the temperature and perspiration levels. Don't wear hunting clothes, boots anywhere except in the field.

Try to hunt favorable winds. Get to the stand at least an hour before feeder goes off and sit late if deer are covering your feeder after shooting lite and quietly slip out.

Be a ninja, don't tear up your hunting areas with 4wheelers, traffic etc....

Hope it helps.

Comment

I hunt wind other than that I just spray if I remember.

Comment

Shower and wash clothes field spray! ALL DEAD DOWN WIND!!! But one thing everyone leaves out vacuum bag storage year round and when hunt is over I store mine in big zip look bags!!

Comment

Working...
                              X