Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you level out field after rootplowing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you level out field after rootplowing?

Been root plowing with a dozer thru field that had small mesquite and black brush. Now that I am done root plowing the field is very uneven. Have a brush rake on dozer blade but it's impossible to use because of big holes and ruts. Can't keep it level. I am wanting a smooth field but don't know steps to get there if anyone in the business has any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I bought an 8’ wide harrow, when flipped over and drug, it smooths out the ground well enough for me.

Comment

Disk and harrow; go back over it with this; Put the harrow behind the disk with chains; you just can't turn real sharp with both of them hooked up.

Comment

I pulled a heavy I beam around behind the dozer then followed up later with a tractor and disc plow.

Comment

Can you remove the rake? Cant think of a better tool for smoothing than a blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a rock rake turned backwards on my tractor, and it does a great job. I’ve done several yards on new construction houses before they lay the grass.

Comment

Seen people use a drag of two pieces of railroad track pulled like a drag. All depends on soil type as to how much you will have to go over it.

Comment

Lots of plowing with a tandem disk harrow.

Comment

Pipe drag

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Root plow with a dozer... disk with a dozer. The you might can start with a tractor and a drag.

Root plowing makes such a mess.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

^

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I have a Steiger pulling a tandem roller chopper that does a pretty good job of getting it relatively level. It's about 100 ac I'm wanting to turn into quail field. I left motts ect. Was a Klien grass field that hadn't been maintained. So trying to level for easy walking behind dogs. I like RMW set up that might work for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Comment

Dozer blade it to get it close, then disc and drag.

Comment

30' field cultivator worked pretty well for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X