Any opinions or experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any opinions or experience?

I am thinkin about another bang stick. If for no other reason than I just want to buy a new one
    If you have any input, good or bad, talk to me about the Mossberg Patriot. I've always been either a Weatherby or a model 70 guy with an occasional savage thrown in there.
    I am thinking about picking up the patriot in .25-06 (in walnut, not synthetic)

No experience with Mossberg rifles, but I am interested to hear what the consensus is. At $450 I would probably just find a nice used 700 or Hawkeye myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
      No experience with Mossberg rifles, but I am interested to hear what the consensus is. At $450 I would probably just find a nice used 700 or Hawkeye myself though.

I understand what you're sayin but I don't like the Ruger and don't want used. I also know , right or wrong, I've personally always equated Mossberg with "cheap firearms" but some of the online reviews that I've read on the Patriot are starting to change my mind

Comment

Mossberg makes the absolute worst rifle out there. And it isn't even close

Comment

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
          Mossberg makes the absolute worst rifle out there. And it isn't even close
          Like I said before, in the post before this one..... I've always thought the same thing but then there are numerous online reviews like this one and they are all saying pretty much the same thing

For 95 years Mossberg has supplied hardworking Americans with hardworking and affordable firearms, but only recently has the company become a serious player in the centerfire rifle market. This year at SHOT Show Mossberg will introduce what might be considered the pinnacle of its sporting rifle efforts, the Patriot.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
            I've always been either a Weatherby or a model 70 guy
            Stay that way

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
              Like I said before, in the post before this one..... I've always thought the same thing but then there are numerous online reviews like this one and they are all saying pretty much the same thing

http://www.americanhunter.org/articl...sberg-patriot/
              Yea and what does mossberg pay to get that article written? I go more by personal experience and the experience of people I know and trust. I can pay American hunter or any of those guys 10k and they will write a nice article about my product too

Comment

Mossberg is actually an old Aztec word.
                It means "Terrible Firearm"

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  Mossberg is actually an old Aztec word.
                  It means "Terrible Firearm"

Like Vegetarian is an old Indian word for Bad Hunter

Comment

I own a Mossberg bantam that I got for the kids. I won't say it is terrible, but I will recommend a Remington 700 to someone wanting to buy a new rifle. And as far used, as soon as you take one shot with the gun, it is used. You can find very good used guns for sale. Especially if you would consider a Mossberg.

Comment

Know nothing about the Mossberg bolt guns, but both my Mossberg ARs are more accurate than the others I have. Your mileage may vary, I'm a hunter, not a shooter, so I don't spend hours at a bench, but when I want to coyote hunt, I grab a Mossberg.

Comment

I have a couple of Mossberg rifles. One is a tackdriver and I haven't shot the other one yet. They aren't in the same league as my Sake L691 but for the money i like them.

Comment

I was just a Academy and they are running Rem 700s in the low $300s. It may be a rebate deal to get it that low.

Comment

Working...
                          X