East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
    Next time I get a chance to come down to eat with you, I'll just bring corn instead of cash.
    Cool. We might create a new policy that reads “ 15% discount when paying with corn, protein or fuel of any kind”.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I’ve got some that look like this and some with G4’s and kickers already. Won’t be long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Same thing I am seeing on my latest camera pull. I have one that looks like this one brother, except he is a little more developed.

They are really hammering the protein and the salt/minerals right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I'm seeing some nice deer. No cameras running. Dang corn is expensive

Hey guys!! Late to the party!! What do you expect acorn wise this year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          Hey guys!! Late to the party!! What do you expect acorn wise this year??

They’ll be cheaper than hunting corn.

Comment

I’m seeing a LOT more acorns on the trees this year than the last two. I’m guessing with the drought oak trees are in propagation mode?

I’m glad, actually. Maybe we won’t have to run as much corn as last year, at least earlier in the season.

I got a second spot on my lease this year due to an unexpected opening, so I’m very excited. This means I may have a crack at a second buck this year!

Comment

Lease mate just sent these pictures to me. Looks like we have some coming along pretty good. Still got a lot of growing time.
              Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful deer gumbo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 cameras running, and don't even have a buck on camera yet. Very few deer also

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    Lease mate just sent these pictures to me. Looks like we have some coming along pretty good. Still got a lot of growing time.
                    Nice looking deer there.

Been lower numbers for me so far this year, compared to last year.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Beautiful deer gumbo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      Did y'all have any issues out of the fire in Glendale late last week? I know it had to have been in the general proximity.

Comment

First full year living and hunting in Texas. Just got on a East Texas lease. Still learning the ropes after spot and stalk hunting out west. Got a few promising ones on camera

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool67 View Post
                          First full year living and hunting in Texas. Just got on a East Texas lease. Still learning the ropes after spot and stalk hunting out west. Got a few promising ones on camera

Have you ever hunted Texas? I feel like reading up on TBH could help flatten the curve for ya.

How is the lease setup you got on? Box blinds everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                            Have you ever hunted Texas? I feel like reading up on TBH could help flatten the curve for ya.

How is the lease setup you got on? Box blinds everywhere?

First time hunting here. Been on TBH for a couple years knowing I was moving here.

The lease is pretty typical from what I’ve seen so far in East TX. Individual areas with a couple blinds for each area. Seems to be plenty of room between spots. I’ve already got some good buck pics from my spot. Of course that is bound to change between now and the season.

Comment

First time hunting here. Been on TBH for a couple years knowing I was moving here.

The lease is pretty typical from what I’ve seen so far in East TX. Individual areas with a couple blinds for each area. Seems to be plenty of room between spots. I’ve already got some good buck pics from my spot. Of course that is bound to change between now and the season.
                              My personal experience is the bucks stay in bachelor groups through the first week to 2 weeks of bow season and continue the same summer feeding patterns if they aren't pressured.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the Piney Woods Oldskool67. What part of ET are you hunting?

Comment

Working...
                                X