Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
    Whelp…. Looks like the best deer Hunter in Texas is coming to the area this season

Anyone hunt around paint rock and the river? Any axis that way?
    I grew up hunting just south of Paint Rock. Probably 5 miles from the river. We've gotten one picture of an axis on TC in 20 years. We have had black buck sporadically over the years though. Lots of turkey, and deer.

Comment

6/27/2022 9:05pm

0.51” 4 miles southwest of Christoval, and still raining
      0.80” 7 miles north of US 190 on Toenail Trail.

Thank you Lord!

Comment

Got 1.25" in the last 16 hours in East Schleicher Co.

Comment

.81 for us.

Comment

1/2" in Christoval area today... Sounds like the good rain was just south of us.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
              Got 1.25" in the last 16 hours in East Schleicher Co.
              Nice to hear

Comment

Spent last Saturday and Sunday at the Irion co ranch. Unfortunately, we've managed to miss all meaningful rain this year. The feed bill is getting pretty steep, but so far the deer still look to be in decent shape.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  Spent last Saturday and Sunday at the Irion co ranch. Unfortunately, we've managed to miss all meaningful rain this year. The feed bill is getting pretty steep, but so far the deer still look to be in decent shape.
                  I really like that last pic! Looks like a pretty spot!

Comment

Made the trek out west this past weekend for 4 days..Wed midday through Sunday morning. First stop was getting the permanent crown on my tooth by my deer lease dentist and then off to fill feeders and sweat our arses off. It was a productive weekend with most of the group there. Had a great time despite the heat with a lot of laughs and working together getting our stuff accomplished like a deer lease should. With Palmers corn and eco-17 protein at $12.20 a sack at Palmers and gas at $4.20 is was an expensive trip......bBut hey you only live once..

Got my Krivoman finally finished up other than a few inside creature comforts that I'll bring in August. Replaced all the windows with Deerview Deluxe windows and got it all silicone down in the previous trip. It was a process but I think we are ready to hunt. Had to flip my center shooting window this trip so I had some room for my video camera and my bow shot wasn't going through the bottom of the window. That was kinda the plan to start with. I put it upright last minute and looked at just arrow clearance and totally forgot the video camera aspect when the silicone was dry.. Son of a--...Anyway we got it done right. Also added a support 4x4 up front on the deck because we noticed a very slight sag. I cut it a little longer in hopes that it will level out eventually. No bid deal either way. MY OCD was ticking a little but the silicone seal inside and outside of the krivo base is still strong and working. Added the rubber mat and carpet as well (freebie on FB market). All in all it is a nice, safe, comfortable overbuilt blind and gets me up a bit so I can have a different view after 15 years of the same with our dominant wind. Hopefully it works out as planned.

Place was dry dry dry and it was hot hot hot! We woke up at 5 am each morning to get up and beat the heat to do our filling, trimming and other repairs on all four feedpen sets and the camp plus trim some roads with overgrown cedars and mesquites. We did try to hang out in the cabin AC and/or nap from 2-5pm during the hottest part of the day and then got right back at it at 6. Getting too old to power through that 2-5 period..

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Krivo Blind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	24687341

Name:	00Krivo Blind1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	24687342

New vent to replace the makeshift electrical waterproof box it had when I bought it.

Name:	IMG_1503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	24687343

Comment

Nice. We headed to our place near brady this weekend to do the same. Looks like we will be up at it early as well to get all of our feeders filled.

Comment

Originally posted by thehammer View Post
                        a view of him all finished up!

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                        👍🏼👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Made the trek out west this past weekend for 4 days..Wed midday through Sunday morning. First stop was getting the permanent crown on my tooth by my deer lease dentist and then off to fill feeders and sweat our arses off. It was a productive weekend with most of the group there. Had a great time despite the heat with a lot of laughs and working together getting our stuff accomplished like a deer lease should. With Palmers corn and eco-17 protein at $12.20 a sack at Palmers and gas at $4.20 is was an expensive trip......bBut hey you only live once..

Got my Krivoman finally finished up other than a few inside creature comforts that I'll bring in August. Replaced all the windows with Deerview Deluxe windows and got it all silicone down in the previous trip. It was a process but I think we are ready to hunt. Had to flip my center shooting window this trip so I had some room for my video camera and my bow shot wasn't going through the bottom of the window. That was kinda the plan to start with. I put it upright last minute and looked at just arrow clearance and totally forgot the video camera aspect when the silicone was dry.. Son of a--...Anyway we got it done right. Also added a support 4x4 up front on the deck because we noticed a very slight sag. I cut it a little longer in hopes that it will level out eventually. No bid deal either way. MY OCD was ticking a little but the silicone seal inside and outside of the krivo base is still strong and working. Added the rubber mat and carpet as well (freebie on FB market). All in all it is a nice, safe, comfortable overbuilt blind and gets me up a bit so I can have a different view after 15 years of the same with our dominant wind. Hopefully it works out as planned.

Place was dry dry dry and it was hot hot hot! We woke up at 5 am each morning to get up and beat the heat to do our filling, trimming and other repairs on all four feedpen sets and the camp plus trim some roads with overgrown cedars and mesquites. We did try to hang out in the cabin AC and/or nap from 2-5pm during the hottest part of the day and then got right back at it at 6. Getting too old to power through that 2-5 period..

[ATTACH]1094864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1094865[/ATTACH]

New vent to replace the makeshift electrical waterproof box it had when I bought it.

[ATTACH]1094866[/ATTACH]
                          Good looking setup Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            A view of him all finished up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            That is an awesome deer and a beautiful mount!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                              Good looking setup Jason!

Thanks Zach!

Comment

Well the streak is broken. Starting year 15 on our place, I have never seen or caught a pig on camera. Last year was the first sighting by my landowner on their side at a water trough. A single boar. He’s owned and managed the ranch since 1993. We’ve seen 2-3 javelina total in the same time frame …. This morning I got this pic below. Figured he’s traveling looking for food. He’s gonna have a bad nose ache rooting in all the rocks. [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X